FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Downtown was bumpin!!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
young demm

Downtown was bumpin !! the cafes, delis and restaurants were packed, the parking lot and waterstreet were cramed with people! And on top of it all, that ws the most runners I've seen in my 3 years runnning.
Post Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:25 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
young demm schreef:
Downtown was bumpin !! the cafes, delis and restaurants were packed, the parking lot and waterstreet were cramed with people! And on top of it all, that ws the most runners I've seen in my 3 years runnning.

yeah too bad it only happens once a year.

it turns back into a ghost town all too quickly. somehow we need to develop some other events to hold in June, May, September, October maybe even November

Pwerhaps if the river-side ever gets developed from Kettering down to downtown, they can hold candle walks or holiday themed events etc

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:56 pm 
young demm

Sadly your correct, however.. Pretty soon a new brew pub, brazilian steakhouse, a new nightclub, 8 additional loft apartments and 12 white collar employees are coming downtown. On top of that, the berridge is being converted into market and affordable housing and the durant into student housing.
Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:34 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I lived in Milwaukee, WI a number of years ago and they needed to do something to get their downtown area going again like so many other cities across this country. They took and enclosed the entire downtown area into a really neat mall. It actually enclosed about 15 city square blocks. I saw something similar to this in Columbus, OH as well. Not quite as extensive but it works the same way.
I always thought if Flint did something similar to this it would work. Of course it would require quite abit of funding which I have no idea where that would come from.
I know we do not need another mall in that town but, if it works in other cities then it should work in Flint too.
Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:30 am 
Joe

YEAH IT WAS LIKE BEING IN A TOTAL DIFFERENT CITY!
Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: