FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Another Hurricane coming my way...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I find this utterly unbelievable. Another hurricane is on it's way for my area in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. We have gone through 5 hurricanes in 2 years and we have yet, another one coming. We have spent millions repairing my hotel and looks like we will need to spend more.
Keep your fingers crossed is only hits us slightly and moves out to sea very quickly.
Richard
Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:42 am 
flinteach9

It's only a tropical storm. Difference between a hurricane and a tropical storm is wind speed. It will mostly be a rain event.
Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:22 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"I find this utterly unbelievable. Another hurricane is on it's way for my area "

I find it unbelievable that anyone in Florida for any length of time would feel it "unbelieveable" that a hurricane is heading their way.

Its kind of like living in Michigan and finding it "unbelieveable" that a winter storm is heading your way.

Sorry, It goes with the location. Its not a surprise. Its easy to look at historical data and see that hurricanes do in fact make make landfall in Florida.
I can appreciate you are 'cane weary, having a number of them in a short amount of time. But you shouldn't be surprised that another one is coming.

Although this one doesn't look as dangerous as feared, I hope you fare well.

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:42 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Thank goodness it has been down grated. I have lived in Florida for over 25 years and in that time I have gone through 7 hurricanes, all in the last few years. Is it global warming that is causing this? Not sure but I can tell you my insurance rates have almost tripled.
I can understand your reference to a Michigan snow storm providing you had them once every few years, not every year. Weather history shows we do not normally have hurricanes every single year and in my area last year, we did not have one at all with Hurricane Wilma just cruising by in the open Atlantic.
I'll update you after the storm and "Thanks" for the support.
Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: