FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Racist?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

At the North side block clubs meeting yesterday, a tall, deep voiced gentleman stood up & said: "Now that the white man is out of the Chief's office..."
Offensive?
Racist?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Naw, only whiteys can be racist you should know that. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
At the North side block clubs meeting yesterday, a tall, deep voiced gentleman stood up & said: "Now that the white man is out of the Chief's office..."
Offensive?
Racist?

Have you ever been to one of Brenda Clack's meetings?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

no why?

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Offensive?
Racist?

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Offensive?
Racist?

No, but I've been to a couple Council meetings where A.C. Dumas & Herb Cleaves were in rare form. Is Brenda as good as they are?

I'm surprised nobody wondered, or guessed, who the tall. deep voiced gentleman was.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I've never been to one of Clack's meeting yet but I have heard complaints from white people. I don't have a problem with Herb or A.C. Herb could have some issues from having his son killed though.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:32 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They were both at the same meeting, ranting about "The MAN" controlling everything. Maybe they meant Kildee. Laughing

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

If I had to guess I would guess the tall, deep-voiced outspoken black person was Eric Mays.... but that is just a wild guess!
Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:59 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

yup

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:00 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
They were both at the same meeting, ranting about "The MAN" controlling everything. Maybe they meant Kildee. Laughing

If I controled everything they's be talking about how awesome I was. lol I'm thinking Barrack Obama will be as good at bringing jobs to Flint as Stanley. It was a black council and black mayor that passed the home businesses restrictions. Often home businesses are run by the affirmative action peole (black people and women).

I thought A.C. Dumas had a valid point when he was tearing into communist/councilmen Nealy's arrest the children ordinance. The ordinance is not being enforced but if it was it would probably have to be mainly in the black neighborhoods like Dumas feared because white people would be up in arms if their children were arrested for walking down the streets. This ordinance would not have passed if it wasn't for Neely who would generally qualify as being African American.

I probably should have spoke out against it but black people seemed to be biased towards imprisonment for their children. If we arrested white people for drug crimes as effectively as blacks the drug laws would likely be quickly repealed.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Even if Eric Mays was only able to repeal the home business restrictions I tthink that would be a tremendous achievement. I think Eric Mays would make an excellent first ward councilman if elected.

There was white supremecists involved with the Ron Paul campaign but if we'd have won and been able to realeal drug laws that might have done more for the black community than the civil rights act.

I think it's pretty hard to dispute the drug war is racist. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/05/06/MN7410H320.DTL

Although Eric Mays is a bit of an attention whore I don't think white people should have a problem with him if he gets elected.

I'm confident Herb Cleaves would have voted against t closing Whittier if he'd have still been on the school board.
Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Obama will be as good at bringing jobs to Flint as Stanley

Ya, ill bet Flint will be no.1 priority for Baracko. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:12 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I really don't have a problem with any of them. Everyone has the right to their opinions. I try to respect others' opinions, and hope they do the same.

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:49 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Offensive?
Racist?

What you talking about Willis? We should all know by now that black people cannot be racist, only whites.... Rolling Eyes

Richard
Post Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: