FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Semi Pro Tops DVD Charts!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

"Semi-Pro" tops DVD charts

powered by Sphere
Featured Broker sponsored link
#1 FX Broker - Shares Mag 2007 By Thomas K. Arnold

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Two new comedies and a horror film that were moderately successful in theaters battled it out in video stores for the week ending June 8, and in the end, New Line Home Entertainment's "Semi-Pro" won.

The basketball comedy ( Flint Michigan Tropics) -- starring Will Ferrell, Woody Harelson, and Andre Benjamin -- scored a perfect trifecta, debuting at No. 1 on the national home video sales and rental charts as well as the Blu-ray Disc sales chart.

"Semi-Pro" grossed $53.5 million in theaters.

Fellow comedy "Meet the Spartans," from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, debuted at No. 2 on Home Media Magazine's rental chart and No. 5 on the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart. Additionally, "The Eye," a horror film from Lionsgate starring Jessica Alba as a woman who receives an eye transplant and begins seeing terrible visions, debuted at No. 5 on the rental chart and No. 4 on First Alert.

"Spartans" earned $38.2 million at the boxoffice, while "Eye" reaped $31.4 million.

The previous week's top seller, Disney's "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," slipped to No. 2 after two weeks in the top spot, while the previous week's top renter, Lionsgate's "Rambo," finished at No. 4.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its one of the Top 10 best ever FLINT MICHIGAN Films!!! Hands Down!

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ryan give us a hint what the other 9 were.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:30 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Guesses include...

Chameleon Street
Roger & Me
With Babies & Banners
Pets or Meat--the Return to Flint

...any other examples outside of Michael Moore films? I've listed two already here.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:20 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Although my comment " Top 10" was more for shits and giggles I am glad to see Flinn come up with other great Flint Movies!!!! Smile

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Guesses include...

Chameleon Street
Roger & Me
With Babies & Banners
Pets or Meat--the Return to Flint

...any other examples outside of Michael Moore films? I've listed two already here.

Post Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: