FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Us vs them
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by twotap on Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:15 am 
MikeInGB
F L I N T O I D

What does a TV show produced by terrorists have to do with Obama again? I must have missed that part in your post as you failed to connect the two. If you are referring to the fact that the leader of Hamas praised Obama, well, that puts him in the same camp as the rest of the world. I've seen poll numbers where European countries prefer Obama by over 90%. Is that bad for Obama, too? Of course the only poll number that really matters is the one that takes place in this country in November (which, BTW, Obama now leads by 7 points).

Nice attempt at ferreting right-wing talking points but it is an old, tired, trick and completely transparent. Please try to include some red meat in future posts.

About the most damning "evidence" against Obama I can find is that he said he understands where Ahmed Yusef is coming from (while maintaining unequivocal support for Israel). Gee, I certainly don't want a president that understands different viewpoints in the most volatile region on earth! I much rather prefer the Bush tack of not knowing the difference between Sunni and Shia. After all, what difference does it make, they're both Muslim, right?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Mike,
I just have to chime in here. Obviously, you have been poisened by the KoolAid and nothing will ever change your opinions about Obama. But please, do not expect miracles from this man, for he is only a man. The rhetoric he has spoken about "change" is just that, rhetoric.

He has no experience and simply speaks words that Axlerod puts in his mouth. Is he charasmatic? Of course he is, but so are many other people in the world's history that were charasmatic but did not have their constiuent's best interests in mind.

Obama has made a hard right turn in policy. This should be proof enough for you that he doesn't really mean what he says, he simply says what will woo the most people his way at a given time. Does character play into your equation for whom you will vote for? If it does, how can you vote for a man who:
1. Prayed on Sundays for 18 years with a Minister who HATES the white race and our Country?
2. Studied Islamic therory with his step-father for years before that?
3. Cozied up to a known terrorist in Bill Ayers?
4. Was in bed with Rezko, who he knew was a shady real estate developer?
5. Was Pro Abortion, now has waffled on that stance.
6. Was Pro Gun control, but has changed that stance on that.
7. Was against the FISA bill but changed his mind on that.
8. Was going to immediately withdraw all the troops from Iraq, and no has changed his stance on that.

Doesn't character mean anything to you?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:57 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well darn I guess when I heard the Messiah say he would sit down and chat with any and all known terrorists and get their points of view (ala Jimmy Carter) that like everything else that spews from his mouth it was not to be taken serious. Another classic Barack flip flop Laughing Oh ya a quick reminder once again, BUSH AINT RUNNING Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:23 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I guess you guys have never refined a position or thought on ANYTHING, eh?

Why even bother to go to school? Don't know you know everything you need to know at 18? After all, what's more information -- it's just designed to change your mind! The nerve of those brainwashing TEACHERS! Last time I checked, being educated on a subject was something to admire.

Call it what you want. I'll call it sour grapes -- that's what it is. You're pissed your half-wit emotional retard is going out as the worst president in history. And you supported him. Even worse, you LOVED him. Now you're desperate to dump the rest of us in that category.

It's kind of sad, but funny. Now I finally have something to look forward to for the next 8 years.

Obama may be a flip flopper, he may be Machiavellian, he may be greedy and corrupt. Despite all that, it would be hard to ruin the United States so thoroughly as the smirking chimp-in-charge has.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:00 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

Call it what you want. I'll call it sour grapes -- that's what it is. You're pissed your half-wit emotional retard is going out as the worst president in history. And you supported him. Even worse, you LOVED him. Now you're desperate to dump the rest of us in that category.

It's kind of sad, but funny. Now I finally have something to look forward to for the next 8 years.

Obama may be a flip flopper, he may be Machiavellian, he may be greedy and corrupt. Despite all that, it would be hard to ruin the United States so thoroughly as the smirking chimp-in-charge has.

As long as Obama gets nothing done he might be o.k. Since he is the agent of changing his positions he will could end up being like Bush when all is said and done. I'd rather have Jackson or Wright over Obama. I can see Obama completing the destruction of America though but the same can be said for the son of Cain.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

You know, during the Cold War, the US produced textbooks as bad or worse than the one you are describing, and used them to teach children in Afghanistan.

The children's textbooks were used at the Educational Center for Afghanistan, which was operated by the mujahideen, and they were designed by the University of Nebraska under a $50 million USAID grant from 1986 to 1994.

One of these third grade mathematics textbook asks, "One group of maujahidin attack 50 Russian soldiers. In that attack, 20 Russians are killed. How many Russians fled?"

A fourth grade textbook ups the ante: "The speed of Kalashnikov (the ubiquitos Soviet-made semi-automatic machine gun) bullet is 800 meters per second. If a Russian is at a distance of 3200 meters from a mujahid, and that mujahid aims at the Russian's head, calculate how many seconds it will take for that bullet to strike the Russian forehead."

The textbooks are still in circulation, but somehow, the US doesn't think it is a good idea to educate Afghanistani children this way anymore.

Now, I realize that we were in the middle of a very important Afghanistan-hosted proxy war with those awful communists, but one has to wonder what were the effects of these US produced textbooks that taught the Afghanistani children of the 80's to be so violent? Could it be related to the terrorism we see arise in the 90's???

Some days it is really very hard to figure out who the good guys are.
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:11 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Hoo-ah!

The two new additions to our board KICK ASS. Welcome!

Mellow-D, is that a play on "Melody"? As in, are you female?

So many posters to love, so little time...

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Call it what you want. I'll call it sour grapes -- that's what it is. You're pissed your half-wit emotional retard is going out as the worst president in history. And you supported him. Even worse, you LOVED him.

Last edited by twotap on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Hoo-ah!

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by twotap on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

And since when did the US stop holding meetings with dictators and terrorists?

Because here we see Kazakhstani President Nursultan Nazarbayev with U.S. President George W. Bush. If you don't know about the Kazakhstan government's human rights record it may be because neither Bush nor Faux News give a rip.

And we have a long history of flip-flopping about who the evil enemy is, as you can see here, where Rummy and his long-time bud Saddam greet and exchange missiles the old fashioned way.

One of my personal favorites is Augusto Pinochet, seen here with Henry Kissinger. You may remember Augusto from the era of the United States' "Intervention" in Chile .

Honestly, the US has met with so many cruel characters in history that we could go on about it for hours. No big deal. Ok, sometimes a big deal. Big deals go down when Republicans meet with dictators. And sell them WMD's. But mostly our leaders and their leaders just hang and shoot the breeze (and likely anything else that flies by at the time).

And, yes, I'm a lady. Thinking of legally changing my name to Mellow D. So gangsta. Goes with my saggy drawers. Cool
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
What a surprise anything that might justify terrorist and insane activity and possibly put the USA in a bad light gets that response from Demeralda. I am sure PD aint far behind. Hey Mellow D if you are indeed a female would you like Demeralda flash the messiah as well??

I didn't order the textbooks, my friend. I just mentioned it.

Who is the messiah this week?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:03 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

First of all, my "hoo-ah" was a tribute to these two new people who can really write! They're making good points! I don't get the connection to terrorism or what not. Whatever dude -- that was beneath you.

quote:
He turned his back on those that put him in office (twice out of the lesser of two evils elections) and snuggled up to the likes of Ted Kennedy in his quest to "reach across the aisle".

Does that make him a flip-flopper? So sad. Razz

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Who is the messiah this week?

Ask Demeralda. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I have heard so often that the left in this country hate the USA and all it stands for. Their have been many examples by posters on this forum to back that up. Anything that puts it in a bad light is at their top of posts list. It appeared this was one more.

Sounds like someone who can't figure out how to defend the actions of his country that others have identified.

I'd like to share in your nationalism, but I often don't know what the -ism part is... Could you tell me what is it about our nation that you feel is worth rah-rahing about?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: