FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: More McCain gaffes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

If the mainstream media reports the McCain campaign missteps more, Obama will be a winner by a landslide of FDR proportions.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-bergmann/the-week-that-should-have_b_111983.html

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:46 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Did you read the article? "you wouldn't know it if you watched any of the mainstream media outlets or followed political reporting in the major newspapers."

I doubt any of this stuff will be reporting on the "mainstream" neocon Fox news.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The Huffington Post is "mainstream media"?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

That's the point. The Huffington Post is not mainstream. Thanks to blogs, YouTube and other media which report what the mainstream media does not report, those who want to follow news stories which are not being reported are able to find them, including video. But watch out for doctored stories such as the extra missile which Iran inserted with PhotoShop or similar photo editing software.

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Do you consider the Huffington Post to be a reliable source? How about the Daily Kos, Moveon.org and mediamatters, among others?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

They're probably just as good as the information coming from the White House. What I would like to know is actually how much money and training the United States gave to Osama bin Ladin and his friends. I assume Osama passed his CIA training onto his minions so they could use it against us.

The New York Times seems to me to be the most biased. I have a tendency to trust independent news oultlets over the main stream.

I haven't heard any mainstream reports about how horrible the Iraqi government we installed is.
Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:53 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

This won't get covered. (McCain doesn't want to repeal Roe v Wade tomorrow and isn;t concerned about appointing pro-life judges.

Link
Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link
Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:03 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

McCain seems to be flunking in geography as Iraq and Pakistan don't share a border and Czechoslovakia no longer exists.

http://blogs.cqpolitics.com/davidcorn/2008/07/how-many-gaffes-does-mccain-ge.html

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Not to mention the SOVEREIGN nation of Iraq wants Obama's timetable, not McCain's permanent occupation.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Do you REALLY think McCain wants an open ended committment in Iraq?

Really?

At least he didn't flat out frikkin LIE and tell people last year that he would IMMEDIATELY pull all the troops out of IRAQ and then backpeddle his ass off once he was assured of getting the nomination.

NO ONE CAN REMOVE THE TROOPS FROM IRAQ UNTIL THE NATION IS SECURE!!!!!!! THAT'S THE FACTS!!!!!!!!
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:16 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

And when will it be secure?

Are you saying the Iraqis can't decide that for themselves? Funny, I thought the bit was "we'll stand down when they stand up." Well, they're asking to stand up, and we're telling them no, they can't? So much for the will of the Iraqi people. I love how the rationale keeps changing.

I thought the surge was working. I thought violence was at an all time low. So when, exactly, is the right time to go? Should we wait 5 or 10 years to see if we can get it to go back up?

You have a circular argument on your hands. You say it's better and more secure because of the surge, and we have to stay to keep it that way. On the other hand, when it was the most violent, you say we can't leave until it's secure. Catch-22, anyone?

I think Obama's commitment to leaving Iraq has essentially remained unchanged; just the attempts to color his remarks have. He's changed on many things, but this isn't one of them. Refinement is not the same as reversal.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If Obama was president on Dec. 7, 1941 he would have surrendered immediately because all those casualties "just aren't worth it".

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

And he might have been right. If we can remove the patriotic blinders for a moment (because we just LOVE being saviors of the world), it could be that WWII could have been avoided.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:19 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

So, Neville Chamberlain had the right idea?

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: