FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint will be energy independent!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I see in today's Journal that our Director of Economic Development, Suzanne Kayser, is working on bringing the BioGas project to Flint. All she has to do is find a way to get all the bovine excrement from all floors of city hall & the county building into the system and we'll be energy independent!

She was operations manager at the Gm site I worked at. She always told us we could accomplish anything we wanted to, as long as it didn't require money, manpower, or materials. In a short while, we were able to do everything with nothing. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

That's funny.

So how is she linked to the Don? Because she has no history in economic development... I have to wonder what qualifications she has, exactly.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:20 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
All she has to do is find a way to get all the bovine excrement from all floors of city hall & the county building into the system and we'll be energy independent!

I know that we wouldn't be in a deficit anymore... we'd have so much power we could probably light up all of SE Michigan....
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just think of what could be accomplished by putting one of those systems in DC?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Josh, is your signature line a reference to a particular councilwoman? Laughing

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:29 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

I know who you mean... but no.... When I was on Council the Mayor was fond of wearing his red, white and blue hard everywhere..... Matt Schlinker said that a hard hat is not a crown..... Thought it was funny....
Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

An Engineer I can understand bringing in a technology based business........but,

Isn't an Economic Director taking duties away from council, due to the fact that everyone should work together to bring businesses into the area, by voting on what areas they see fit to place businesses into.

Now you have an economic director that may not know the in's and out's of business zones, EPA regulations, DEQ Regulations, etc.......<shrug>

Post Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
That's funny.

So how is she linked to the Don? Because she has no history in economic development... I have to wonder what qualifications she has, exactly.

Other than living on the same street as Don, I have no idea.
At work, she was obsessed with the bottom line, occasionally delaying critical repairs to equipment due to the cost of the repair. However, that may have been her job assignment. To her credit, her enthusiasm for whatever she's doing is boundless.

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:47 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: