FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Register of Deeds-Candidates Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF THE FLINT AREA

and Cosponsors:

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Zeta Beta Omega Chapter,

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Flint Alumnae Chapter,

Mott Community College...

Name of Event: Genesee County Register of Deeds Candidate’s Forum
Day, Date and Time: Tuesday, July 29th, 2008, 7:00 P.M.
Place: Regional Technology Center (RTC), on the campus of Mott Community College,

1401 E. Court St. Flint MI 48503.
14 candidates for Genesee County Register of Deeds:

Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Republican William W. Kovl 343 E. Vienna St. Clio 48420 (810) 686-8359
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Republican Fredrick Wilson 1305 Rollins St. Grand Blanc 48439 (810) 694-6628
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Rose Bogardus 416 W. Salem Ct. Davison 48423 (810) 653-1949
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Norm Bryant 605 Josephine St. Flint 48503 (810) 767-6621
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Tina Conley 2274 N. Belsay Burton 48509 (810) 743-6944
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Michael L. Curtis 7100 Elms Rd. Swartz Creek 48473 (810) 655-8915
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Ryan Eashoo 307 W. 4th Ave. Flint 48503 (810) 766-9233
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Frances L. Gilcreast 4322 E. Mt. Morris Rd. Mt. Morris 48458 (810) 640-1757
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Ted Jankowski, Jr. 2230 Levern St. Flint 48506 (810) 235-6601
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Diana Kelly P. O. Box 3524 Flint 48502 (810) 423-7890
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat David I. Lemere 410 Allendale Place Flint 48503 (810) 625-6097
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Larry Mitchell 6207 Knob Bend Dr. Grand Blanc 48439 (810) 953-5352
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Raynetta P. Speed 650 E. Bishop Ave. Flint 48505 (810) 785-5564
Reg. of Deeds 4 Year Democrat Richard Wagonlander 506 Chamberlain Apt. 1 Flushing 48433 (810) 659-6397

Peace,
Rap

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:57 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

That office needs to close and combined it with the County Clerks office. The only candidates we should vote for are the ones who want to combined the office.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:26 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

With that many candidates, it's got to be the biggest do nothing job in County government.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

it is the biggest do nothing job, and lakewoman happens to be one of the candidates running, although probably not a woman but maybe wants to be?
Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am 
Furnitureguy
F L I N T O I D

it is the biggest do nothing job, and lakewoman happens to be one of the candidates running, although probably not a woman but maybe wants to be?
Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:50 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Dave Your totally right, its costing the taxpayers about $400,000 a year more than it should. The Register of Deeds office is basically a do nothing job and should be integrated into the County Clerks office. I am running for the Register of Deeds office to do just that, to combine the two offices together. This will not only save tax payers money, but it will make the office more efficient and easier for residents to utilize those two offices.

However, lots of people that are in the good ole boys network do not want this position to be combined. The more offices the more friends that can get good paying goverment jobs. I will not suck off the public tit, but rather work for the best interest of the public.

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
With that many candidates, it's got to be the biggest do nothing job in County government.

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

I would like to see each candidate state exactly what the duties and responsibilities of the position they are running for consist of, and to state what qualifies them to run for that position, i.e., formal education and experience related to that position.

I am not interested in the politcal connections or political experience that might make them feel they are "entitled" to be Register of Deeds but their real qualifications to run the office and supervise the employees of that office.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:13 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Qualifications? What a novel concept!

I've received literature from several candidates. None list the real reason they're running: "It's a do nothing job that pays 80K plus expenses".

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I've been missing you, OOSL2. Glad to see you here.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:23 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Thanks, Demeralda. There was a good support letter for Register of Deeds candidate Larry Mitchell in the Letters to the Editor of the Flint Journal today from someone who is looking for a candidate with qualifications to fulfill the duties of the office, rather than someone with the most experience in politics. I couldn't agree more. Her letter is at

Permalink:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/voices/index.ssf/2008/07/flint_journal_letters_to_the_e_70.html

For Flint Journal candidate information for Register of Deeds (to date), see

Genesee County Register of Deeds - Democratic Party Primary
http://thevoterguide.mlive.com/race-detail.do?id=157828214&party=D

Genesee County Register of Deeds - Republican Party Primary
http://thevoterguide.mlive.com/race-detail.do?id=157828214&party=R

Ted's info is there (nice photo, Ted), but RYAN--yours is not. Better get on the stick! Ryan, will you use a current photo? Larry Mitchell explains why he would not merge the office of the Register of Deeds and the County Clerk's office, and this is the information I want to see from each of the candidates.
Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:37 pm 
Mellow D
F L I N T O I D

The Genesee Regional Chamber of Commerce PAC is holding a "Meet the Candidates" Ice Cream Social for county and state candidates. An "informal" meet and greet.

Mon July 28, 5:30 to 7:30pm,
$10 in cash or check,
Mott College's new Tech building,
RSVP with Connie Crawford at 600-1404 or ccrawford@thegrcc.org
Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:07 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Stupid question....

If the Deeds office and the Clerks office will merge if someone gets elected that advocates this:

Who is going to be the new Master Of All They Survey? (pun intended) The Clerk or the Deed Dude? How much fighting will there be to find out who the top dog will be?

Questions, questions, questions......

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Register of the Clerk's deeds?

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:41 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Michael Car, the best person for the job, very honest and dependable.

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Stupid question....

If the Deeds office and the Clerks office will merge if someone gets elected that advocates this:

Who is going to be the new Master Of All They Survey? (pun intended) The Clerk or the Deed Dude? How much fighting will there be to find out who the top dog will be?

Questions, questions, questions......

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Soooo....Ryan, if you get to be the Deed Dude would you give your post up to the gent? Smile Smile

Post Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: