FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 16 months of democrat rule gets us this
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

A friend of mine from another forum sent me this, pretty eyeopening. Laughing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16 Months later under the Democrats

Part 1 In just 16 months. Remember the election in 2006? Thought you might like to read the following:

A little over 16 MONTHS ago:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet to the lowest point in over 75 years;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.50 a gallon;
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);
4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);
5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;
6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it!

Remember it is Congress that makes laws; not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

Quote of the Day........'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it. ?? -- Barack Obama

Part 2:

Taxes.. Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.

www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999............................Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400.....................Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000...................Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 ..................Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800.................Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000.................Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750...............Married making 125K - tax $31,250

Obama will return to the higher tax rates. It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama is elected, he said he will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen.

This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

PART 3:

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Boy, am I confused. I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and the war on terror that is bankrupting us.

I now find that to be RIDICULOUS.

I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://www.cis..org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../01/ldt.0.html

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
Verify at http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...01/ldt.01.html

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
Verify at: cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.htmlhref

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
Verify at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border.
Verify at: Homeland Security Report: http://tinyurl.com/t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.
Verify at: http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.o...eportation.pdf

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
Verify at: http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States.
Verify at: http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml The total cost is a whopping $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:34 am 
MikeInGB
F L I N T O I D

Ah, yes, the ol' "U.S. Congress controls the price of oil" myth. If you believe that then there really isn't much we can discuss. The price of oil is set by international markets in which we participate. The years of having our own set of rules and paying a fraction of what the rest of the world pays are over. Believe me, I wish that wasn't the case but the fact of the matter is we have to pay full market price now. My advice as to saving money on your gas bill would be to find ways to use less of it. Since it is the democrat's fault that gas has doubled since 2006 what do you think they should have done to lower it? Allow more drilling? I have no problem with that but we won't see that oil hit the marketplace for several more years so how that lower gas does prices right now? Repeal the federal gas tax (which I believe is 18 cents a gallon, could be wrong) which comes up to a 4.5% savings per $4.00 gallon of gas? The oil companies would surely absorb the bulk of that massive savings while funding for federal road and infrastructure projects goes on hold.

Without sounding like a Democratic Party apologist, (which I'm not because I think Pelosi is an idiot) the Bushies are still in the WH which trumps the Democratic gains in the congress. In other words, what the hell can they pass that Bush will sign? I'll tell you. More right-wing republican ideals. This reminds me, we keep borrowing money we don’t have from shady characters to finance our military operations in the Middle East which devalues our currency which leads to inflation and less disposable income for Americans. That in turn leads to a lower consumer confidence index because people don’t plan on spending as much money in the future.

As for the housing crisis, did the Democrats come up with the balloon payment scheme in the last 16 months or was that a result of poor oversight by the feds (under the Bush administration) allowing greedy bankers to concoct a half-baked scheme for quick money (that ultimately blew up in their face)?

I agree 100% on the illegal immigrant issue. Why this is even debatable is beyond me. You want to come to America? Show us your papers and you will be welcomed with open arms. However, you fail to make the connection of how the money we are wasting in Iraq is somehow negated by the money we waste on illegal immigrants. Imagine if we could correct both of those problems. We might even be able balance the budget and AFFORD tax cuts. That would be SWEET!

While it may be convenient to blame the Democrats for all our problems the facts simply don’t support such a conclusion. That isn’t to say they are without blame. They are a bunch of spineless pussies who give in to the Bushies like a $2 whore in need of a quick fix. Sad really.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:40 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Interesting facts! I like those. However, didn't Obama say he was going to tax taxes back to the Carter Days?

I went back and went through my Parents Taxes for the Carter and later through the Reagan years. I found it interesting that During the Reagan years their Middle Class Tax Cut actually increased their taxes for 6 of the 8 years of Republican Tax Cuts. Oh and we where considered Middle class. At least by our standards. Under 100,000 a year working at GM.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well, once you take into account that Congress has fought Oil Companies for years, discouraged them from building new refineries, refused to let them drill for oil in new locations accross the country.

So Yes they do control oil Prices. Cut down on the Supply Prices increase. Allow them to drill and loosen regulations so they can destroy the environment and Oil will go down.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

LOL this is just laughable.

First of all, LOOK WHERE THOSE LOWER TAXES HAVE GOTTEN US. We're facing a HUGE debt for YEARS! If we had continued at a responsible tax rate, maybe we'd have enough to pay for our veterans' health care and help finance our children's higher education. Hell, maybe we could have even bought body armor for your beloved war.

To boot, I was paying LESS as a portion of my income, because we all were MAKING SO MUCH MORE MONEY under the Clintons.

Most people don't give two shits about what they're paying in taxes exactly, they only care about quality of life. And the decline in quality of life is indisputable.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 am 
MikeInGB
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Well, once you take into account that Congress has fought Oil Companies for years, discouraged them from building new refineries, refused to let them drill for oil in new locations accross the country.

So Yes they do control oil Prices. Cut down on the Supply Prices increase. Allow them to drill and loosen regulations so they can destroy the environment and Oil will go down.

You're talking about a comprehensive long-term plan which, in the past, we've been too dumb to come up with. I agree we need one, too. That says nothing about how the Democrats are to blame for the price increase in the last 16 months. Even then, we can at best "tweak" the price of gas. We're never going back to the cheap gas so we may as well start figuring out alternatives. I, for one, believe America has the know-how, will power, and technology to make it happen. All that remains to be seen is a little leadership on the issue to bring it all together. Fortunately, both candidates realize something needs to be done other than "business as usual". It is this issue that will decide my vote and right now Obama is the leader in the clubhouse.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Gee, TT, you don't suppose anything else happened in the past two years to make all of that happen, do you? Our current problems began years ago, when Republican banking reform made it easier for investors to trade in dividends, which are basically no more than bets on whether a certain market will go up or down. Millions bet the sub-prime market will stay healthy, and since banking deregulation allowed it, they used their derivatives (bet slips) as collateral for loans to buy stocks and bonds. When all of those folks who couldn't afford the homes they had bought stopped paying their loans, the derivatives became worthless, and investors in turn began defaulting, bringing down the big house of cards built on bank deregulation written by a Republican Congress. This mess didn't begin within the last sixteen months, and it is far from over.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I used the word dividends early on there, I meant derivatives.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

As for the immigration issue, the solution is simple. Start going after the corporations and businesses hiring the illegal labor. Oklahoma and Arizona have begun taking away the business licences of those who hire undocumented aliens, and the illegal immigrants are now leaving those states. Going after those creating the demand for illegal labor will decrease the supply. A wall on the border won't deter somebody who is already willing to walk across the desert for a job.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:32 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Have hope! As soon as the Dems take complete control of the Government, things will immediately be wonderful.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MikeInGB
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Have hope! As soon as the Dems take complete control of the Government, things will immediately be wonderful.

I highly doubt it. I just hope things won't suck quite so much.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Enjoy your 75% tax rate.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Most people don't give two shits about what they're paying in taxes exactly

I can remember some of the idiot always vote Democrat folks I worked with saying they dont pay taxes they get money BACK at the end of the year. So i guess you are right Dem. Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh ya one more thing I thought you stated a while back that your drop in income was the direct result of you moving back to the flint area which as you know has been under direct control of democrats for the last 40 years or so.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:34 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Oil prices are also tied to our collapsing dollar which Bush and Congress are helping to collapse.

Bush's cuts may have helped stave of the recession/depression but it appears to me it may be "game over" now. I think Obama and McCain both have the opportunity to lead us into another depression.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:12 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Most people don't give two shits about what they're paying in taxes exactly, they only care about quality of life. And the decline in quality of life is indisputable.

And when increased taxes eat into their income, their quality of life won't drop? Oh, right. The Government will give them money back as welfare. Minus of course, the "small" portion needed for administrative costs, pork, and whatever else the liberals deem as necessary to keep people voting for them.

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: