FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sims recall

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I haven't seen anything on this since the petition language was rejected. Anyone know if anything is happening? Anyone know anything about Walter Abrams, the person that submitted the petition?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The Language of the recall was as confusing as the person that is attempting to head up the recall.

Why do people want to recall the wrong people?

They Mayor refuses to cut dangerous trees in one council person's neighborhood. So people want to recall the Councilman because the Mayor doesn't do his job.

Or they want to recall their councilman because the garbage pick up in their ward isn't getting done. Or because one of the abandon schools have trash laying around it. Or the grass isn't getting cut in public parks. All of which is under the control and direct authority of the Mayor. I know. I think we Ban Dave Starr from the board, Because Adam is a Republican. LOL Same ignorant logic.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ted, you want to ban me because I asked what happened to the Sims recall?
I know it was rejected for vague wording.
The man that submitted the petition said he'd change the wording & resubmit it.
I haven't heard anything since & was wondering if the guy gave up, or what.

When your council person lies about the ward captains getting land line phones & security cameras, and considers you her enemy because you attended a meeting of ward residents that she didn't call, get back with me.

Until then STFU about things you know nothing about.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
The Language of the recall was as confusing as the person that is attempting to head up the recall.

Why do people want to recall the wrong people?

They Mayor refuses to cut dangerous trees in one council person's neighborhood. So people want to recall the Councilman because the Mayor doesn't do his job.

Or they want to recall their councilman because the garbage pick up in their ward isn't getting done. Or because one of the abandon schools have trash laying around it. Or the grass isn't getting cut in public parks. All of which is under the control and direct authority of the Mayor. I know. I think we Ban Dave Starr from the board, Because Adam is a Republican. LOL Same ignorant logic.

What's ignorant is the council adding more ordinances when we don't enforce the dozens if not hundreds we already have. The council is also opposed to low end job creation. The council doesn't seem to investigate hardly anything or come up with any solutions. I'd rate the Flint City council as worse than the mayor. Id be surprised if the council even bothered to skim the hundreds of pages of ordinances we already have before adding to the pile.
Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: