FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: New found morality
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
DEMOCRAT'S CONVENTION...apparently the Democrats have suddenly developed a keen
sense of morality... John Edwards has been banned from making a speech at the
Democratic Convention for having an affair and lying about it...in his place,
Bill Clinton will be speaking! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if Rudolf Giuliani will be speaking at the Repbublicon convention next week

quote:
(Wiki) On May 10, 2000, Giuliani called a press conference to announce that he intended to separate from (his second wife) Hanover. Hanover, however, had not been told about his plans before his press conference, an omission for which Giuliani was widely criticized.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:15 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I dunno people split up everyday. Whats the divorce rate?? Confused

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:18 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Don't know, but most people tell their spouses before having a press conference announcing their divorce.

All of the main Dem candidates this year were on their first spouses, in spite of any marital problems they may have been experiencing.

The rate is much higher among the Republicons this year.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:39 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So why is Baracko treating the breck girl like a leper. All John has to do is stand up on the podium tell everybody hes sorry and remind em that their are more Repubs guilty of cheatin or leavin. That should do it. Laughing I just had a very interesting experience at our local grocery market. 4 of the checkout ladies were gathered around the register I was at talking about how irritating Drew Cary is as host of "the price is right. I said hes irritating alright but not nearly as bad as hearing the words "Barack Obama" about 500 times a day on the tube. To my surprise they all agreed saying they were sick of the guy and wish he would just go away. Very telling indeed. Very Happy

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:51 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I gotta tell ya, TT, I doubt the election is going to swing based on the tastes of the game show watching portion of the electorate this year.

Nope, Discovery Channel watchers are the all-important swing voters for ought-eight.

I hear Barack Obama is making an appearance this week with the Cash Cab and Mythbusters guys.

McCain is making a cameo on the new Family Feud....bad move on his part.

Are game show watchers big voters?

Survey says.......

XXX

ah, sorry, try again.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:38 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Try reading my entire post before you comment if not it makes your response seem a little silly. 4 young women, dont make a huge hourly wage, probably pro choice, and they are sick of hearing Barackos name. I believe that was my point of the post . Laughing I loved it. Laughing

And one more thing even better. My wifes two sis's are as big lib leftists as there are. They have never put a x beside any repub in their life, pro choice, no guns allowed in their homes,etc but they cant stand Baracko. Of course they were big Hillary supporters so maybe thats it or perhaps they can see thru the smoke screen. Whatever its friggin hillarious they wont even bring up politics now whereas all they ever wanted to talk about before was Bush this and Reagan that and how Hillary was going to be the next Prez. I have to remind them about their boy everytime I see em. Paybacks are hell Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:11 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've got a cousin the same way. 100% Hillary, now terrified that Obama bin Biden might be elected. Every now & then I remind her that there'll be another choice on the ballot.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Being sick of hearing someone's name on the news is not exactly hate.

People get sick of the political season, big deal. And an anecdote about 4 racists standing around doesn't go real far to convince me.

You want an anecdote that illustrates our electorate? I got one for you. On Saturday night I stopped in the Montrose Pub. The ENTIRE bar was watching NASCAR on the big TV... and nothing else. So this twentysomething girl is sitting there and yells, "Go Busch!" The guy down the bar says "hey, he's not up for election this year!" to which she replies:

"I don't care about any of that politics shit... all I care about is my race! Whoo! Go Busch!:

And there you have it. NO interest in her future or the fate of the universe, but yay! a little car can go real fast! Wheee!

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:44 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Approximately 21 million Republicans showed up to vote in all of the combined primaries and caucuses this year compared to 37 million Democrats .

There are a lot more Democrats than Republicans this year. Even if a few cashiers and angry Clinton supporters stay home or vote for McCain, Obama is going to win.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:13 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Kevin,
Could it POSSIBLY be that the Republican Primary was over wayyy early?

Or that the Dem primary was the biggest dogfight in history and they counted all the people that showed up at the frat parties (caucuses) to vote?

The more Barack talks, the more the Independents will consider McCain. They will see Obama-n-Biden for what they are, two of the top three liberal Senators in American History.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Being sick of hearing someone's name on the news is not exactly hate.

People get sick of the political season, big deal. And an anecdote about 4 racists standing around doesn't go real far to convince me.

You want an anecdote that illustrates our electorate? I got one for you. On Saturday night I stopped in the Montrose Pub. The ENTIRE bar was watching NASCAR on the big TV... and nothing else. So this twentysomething girl is sitting there and yells, "Go Busch!" The guy down the bar says "hey, he's not up for election this year!" to which she replies:

"I don't care about any of that politics shit... all I care about is my race! Whoo! Go Busch!:

And there you have it. NO interest in her future or the fate of the universe, but yay! a little car can go real fast! Wheee!

Politics 24/7 makes for a pathetic life. GO JOONYER!!!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[quote] And an anecdote about 4 racists[/quote Are you referring to my post about the cashiers? And that in a nutshell is the premise behind the whole Obama campaign. If you dont support some half black guy you must be racist even though he is nothing more than a reincarnation of Jimmy Carter. Too bad race is all he has going for him. :roll

quote:
You want an anecdote that illustrates our electorate? I got one for you. On Saturday night I stopped in the Montrose Pub. The ENTIRE bar was watching NASCAR on the big TV... and nothing else.

An elitist like you around a bunch of those ignorant Nascar fans what is the world coming to. Ill bet their were actually folks drinking Bud light from a longneck and not an Obama supporter in sight. Unless of course you were looking in the mirrior. Maybe you should pick your stops a little more carefully im sure their is some "Hoity toity limpwristed bistro that you are more familiar with were everyone drinks cosmos and lauds the Messiah while reruns of Ally Mcbeal or last nights Opperman are displayed on the wide screen. Laughing
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:37 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

You don't get me at all, and you shouldn't pretend nor presume to do so.

I don't begrudge people their interests. I admire knowledge whereever it may be found; occasionally even more so in areas where I'm totally ignorant.

I do well with all sorts of people, even hunters, nascar fans and conservative idealogues. Some of my best friends drink bud...to each his own. Cheaper for me to buy them one Smile

What I don't do well with, however, is WILLFUL ignorance. Enjoy your nascar race, by all means. But don't declare that the fate of the free world is too boring for you to pay attention! I can't believe even you would be so insouciant about an uninformed electorate. That is the biggest danger to democracy there is.

And I've never watched Ally McBeal, you rube. You're not even sophisticated enough to comprehend my tastes.

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:50 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Demeralda,

I admire your ability to articulate yourself. You are obviously educated and an independent woman (?) that has a strong personality.

However........I think you are a fraud.

The basic fact that you could have possibly supported Ron Paul and then switched to Obama says it all for me. You simply are a lover of underdogs. It wouldn't matter WHO the candidate was..as long as they were the underdog you would have supported them.

Paul's agenda and Obama's agenda are soooooooooooo far apart that there is NO way you could endorse BOTH.

I really think that your personality is that of a sociopath, as is Barack Hussein Obama.
Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:11 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: