FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: McCain picks Palin
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Great decision!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CVN_VEEPSTAKES?SITE=MAQUI&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

DENVER (AP) -- John McCain tapped little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice presidential running mate, two senior campaign officials told The Associated Press on Friday.

A formal announcement was expected within a few hours at a campaign rally in swing-state Ohio.

Palin, 44, is a self-styled hockey mom and political reformer who has been governor of her state less than two years.

Palin's selection was a stunning surprise, as McCain passed over many other better known prospects, some of whom had been the subject of intense speculation for weeks or months.

At 44, she is a generation younger that Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, who is Barack Obama's running mate on the Democratic ticket.

She is three years Obama's junior, as well - and McCain has made much in recent weeks of Obama's relative lack of experience in foreign policy and defense matters.

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Link

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Both McCain and Palin will have sons in Iraq when Palin's son is deployed on September 11th. Talk about patriotism.

Oh...and she decided to raise her handicapped son...instead of flushing him down the toilet!!
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:02 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

1. Likes Hockey
2. Son in the military
3. Probably never tasted Arugula
4, Not part of the Chicago political machine

COOL!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

GO MCCAIN!!

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

-
THANK YOU JOHN, YOU ARE DUMB AS A ROCK.....
DENVER - John McCain tapped little-known Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to be his vice presidential running mate on Friday in a startling selection on the eve of the Republican National Convention.[1]

Two senior campaign officials disclosed McCain's decision a few hours before the Republican presidential nominee-to-be and his newly-minted running mate appeared at a rally in swing-state Ohio.[1]

Palin's selection shocked numerous Republican officials.[1]
At 44, Palin is a generation younger that Sen. Joseph Biden of Delaware, who is Barack Obama's running mate on the Democratic ticket.[1]
On July 11, 2008, Governor Palin dismissed Walter Monegan as Commissioner of Public Safety and instead offered him a position as executive director of the state Alcoholic Beverage Control Board, which he subsequently turned down.[2]
[45][46] Monegan alleged shortly after his dismissal that it may have been partly due to his reluctance to fire an Alaska State Trooper, Mike Wooten,..... [2]
In response to Palin's statement that she had nothing to hide, in August 2008 the Alaska Legislature hired Steve Branchflower to investigate Palin and her staff for possible abuse of power surrounding the dismissal ....Wooten and the police union alleged that the governor had improperly released his employment files in his divorce case. [2]

She is three years Obama's junior, as well — and McCain has made much in recent weeks of Obama's relative lack of experience in foreign policy and defense matters.[1]

In making his pick, McCain passed over several more prominent prospects who had figured in speculation for months — Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge among them.[1]

More recently, she has come under the scrutiny of an investigation by the Republican-controlled legislature into the possibility that she ordered the dismissal of Alaska's public safety commissioner because he would not fire her former brother-in-law as a state trooper.[1]

Public opinion polls show a close race between Obama and McCain, and with scarcely two months remaining until the election, neither contender can allow the other to jump out to a big post-convention lead.[1]

[1]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_veepstakes

[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Last edited by terrybankert on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/b1a33b7f-5388-4ab9-99a4-95d9d35268ce.htm

"
ARLINGTON, VA -- U.S. Senator John McCain today announced that he has selected Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to be his running mate and to serve as his vice president.

Governor Palin is a tough executive who has demonstrated during her time in office that she is ready to be president. She has brought Republicans and Democrats together within her Administration and has a record of delivering on the change and reform that we need in Washington.

Governor Palin has challenged the influence of the big oil companies while fighting for the development of new energy resources. She leads a state that matters to every one of us -- Alaska has significant energy resources and she has been a leader in the fight to make America energy independent.

In Alaska, Governor Palin challenged a corrupt system and passed a landmark ethics reform bill. She has actually used her veto and cut budgetary spending. She put a stop to the "bridge to nowhere" that would have cost taxpayers $400 million dollars.

As the head of Alaska's National Guard and as the mother of a soldier herself, Governor Palin understands what it takes to lead our nation and she understands the importance of supporting our troops.

Governor Palin has the record of reform and bipartisanship that others can only speak of. Her experience in shaking up the status quo is exactly what is needed in Washington today."

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:45 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
THANK YOU JOHN, YOU ARE DUMB AS A ROCK.....

Kinda got ya sweating aye Terry. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:55 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

"Governor I served with Hillary Clinton, I know Hillary Clinton, and Hillary Clinton is a friend of mine, you are no Hillary Clinton."

Can't wait until Biden says those 23 words.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That would sure be a compliment to the lovely Mrs Palin. Very Happy
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:34 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

That was the dumbest analogy I have ever heard.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

What a classy lady and good choice to be the VP and serve all of us small town, religion clinging, gun toting Americans that will be voting for McCain in November.

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:41 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

"Palin followed through on her campaign promises to reduce her own salary, and to reduce property taxes by 60%."

http://cache.search.yahoo.net/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=sarah+palin+property+taxes&fr=yfp-t-501&u=www.palinforgovernor.com/issues.html&w=sarah+palin+property+taxes+tax&d=FKAcEhg5RT2S&icp=1&.intl=us
"As Mayor and CEO of the booming city of Wasilla, my team invited investment and encouraged business growth by eliminating small business inventory taxes, eliminated personal property taxes, reduced real property tax mill levies every year I was in office, reduced fees , and built the infrastructure our businesses needed to grow and prosper."

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:58 pm 
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

So when McCain croaks, our country will be led by a person with a bachelor's degree in journalism. This lady is qualified to run a blog, not the greatest country in the world. She isn't even qualified for the top position in most organizations.

What a sad day for republicans and for Americans!
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:44 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flintite schreef:
So when McCain croaks, our country will be led by a person with a bachelor's degree in journalism. This lady is qualified to run a blog, not the greatest country in the world. She isn't even qualified for the top position in most organizations.

What a sad day for republicans and for Americans!

It's sad that she's not at the top of the ticket and might have some liberal/neocon tendancies but other than that she's pretty damn good. Alaska despite interference on the federal level is arguably the best run state in the nation.

I think she's the best candidate Republicans have had on the top ticket since Ronald Reagan.

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:49 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: