FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: No wonder the libs are in a panic.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

www.newsmax.com
Headline Story RSS ARCHIVE

Palin Speaks to Newsmax About McCain, Abortion, Climate Change

Friday, August 29, 2008 10:40 AM

By: Mike Coppock Article Font Size

(Sarah Palin has emerged as John McCain's vice-presidential running mate. Palin talked to Newsmax magazine for its upcoming September 2008 issue about Alaskan oil, global warming, and John McCain.)

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is a God-fearing, gun-toting former beauty queen who could just become America’s next vice president.

In Alaska, the right to bear arms means staying on top of the food chain. Palin, a lifelong member of the National Rifle Association, hunts, shoots, and fishes.

Husband Todd holds a commercial fishing license for salmon. In the mid-1990s, when Todd got a job working on Alaska’s North Slope, Palin decided to occupy herself by becoming mayor of Wasilla, the state's fastest-growing community.

As mayor, she gradually grew frustrated with Alaska’s “good ol’ boy” style of governance -- so she decided to do something about it. She ran for governor in 2006 and won, defeating popular former Democratic Gov. Tony Knowles.

Palin’s victory made her Alaska's first female chief executive, and its youngest.

Now, many insiders believe this 44-year-old mother of five would add a strong conservative presence to the GOP ticket.

Palin tells Newsmax that it’s high time Congress allows the development of Alaska’s wealth of oil and gas. She doubts global warming stems from human activity, and she considers herself both a fiscal and social conservative.

What do you think of McCain’s chances, and what should he and the GOP do to win in November?

I believe John McCain will be our next president. To win, he needs to continue his message that America needs leadership devoted to the public interest — not the special interest. The GOP needs to live the planks of its platform, not just offer lip service.

How did you pull off your election victory as governor?

Alaska was ready for a positive change and tired of the good ol’ boy network. It caused many Alaskans to lose faith in their government. People want faith in their government. I have been able to pass a comprehensive reform law and place the state's checkbook online. You can be a reformer and also be a conservative.

And your stand on abortion?

I'm pro-life. I'll do all I can to see every baby is created with a future and potential. The legislature should do all it can to protect human life.

Politically, how would you describe yourself?

Fiscally and socially, I am a conservative. My respect for the three different branches of government and the balance between them has been my guide.

If you were running for president, what causes would you champion?

I would push for a strong military and a sound energy policy. I believe that Alaska can help set an example on energy policy.

Speaking of energy, how much oil and gas does America really have?

We have billions and billions of barrels of oil and trillions of feet of natural gas. We have so much potential from tapping our resources here in Alaska. And we can do this with minimum environmental impact. We have a very pro-development president in President Bush, and yet he failed to push for opening up parts of Alaska to drilling through Congress — and a Republican-controlled Congress, I might add.

I thought when we hit $100 a barrel for oil it would have been a psychological barrier that would have caused Congress to reconsider, but they didn't. Now we are approaching $200 a barrel. It's nonsense not to tap a safe domestic source of oil. I think Americans need to hold Congress accountable on this one.

What is your take on global warming and how is it affecting our country?

A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location. I'm not one though who would attribute it to being man-made.

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:09 pm 
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

So when McCain croaks, our country will be led by a person with a bachelor's degree in journalism. This lady is qualified to run a blog, not the greatest country in the world. She isn't even qualified for the top position in most organizations.

What a sad day for republicans and for all Americans!
Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:50 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Are you kidding? Newsmax is your source?

Can you name one example of a "lib" who is worried about this?

Most people see this for what it is: A Hail Mary pass from a desperate candidate.

Look at the facts:
1) 20 months on the job, with no federal or federal relations experience
2) Only previous elected position was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska , population 8,471.
3) She is absolutely not ready to lead the nation in the unfortunate event that the oldest president ever elected dies. I'm not being unrealistic. He turned 72 today, he has had repeated instances of melanoma, and his father died of a heart attack at age 70. His DNA deck is stacked against him.
4) None of you bozos claiming to be experts on her character even knew who she was 18 hours ago.

John McCain is trying to get the disenfrachised Hillary Clinton voters, who are; falling in line after the convention and are, for the most part, going to vote for Barack Obama, and; diametrically opposed politically to Sarah Palin.

Women should be offended. John McCain bypassed many more qualified candidates, men and women, in favor of a pretty runner-up to the Miss Alaska competition thinking they'd vote for her simply because she has a vagina.

She's no Ronald Reagan, she's not even Dan Quayle. She's Harriet Miers
Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:42 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Boy, the dems sure have their panties in a wad over Palin! If she's the nothing you claim her to be, why all the uproar? Sounds like desperation to me.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lets hear a quick list of Baracko qualifications to be prez other than another slick talking lib lawyer. Laughing
Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:40 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

24 hours since you posted that TT and still no response. Kinda telling isn't it?
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That always stumps those Baracko "Bozos"
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap, I'm still looking for a single liberal commentator who is worried about this choice of a small-town mayor, former beauty queen, Governor for 20 months, choice for V.P. Saying it doesn't make it so

Strattonsigns; The fact that none of the usual suspects have shown up to debate this fake issue of TwoTap's has more to do with the fact that they're still angry about the board moderator removing threads critical to Don Williamson. They aren't stymied, they've simply gone on to do other things.

Oh, and there's also this whole Labor Day weekend thingy that might be keeping them occupied too.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:14 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We will be waiting after the holiday for all the Baracko achievements unless of course you want to get a jump on the rest of them. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh ya one more thing before all those forum abandoners did their thing we asked many times for a few?? hell even one accomplishment of your boy. So far zelch, but of course hes ready to be commander in chief. Laughing

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I can see why people get fed up with this board. Some of you keep repeating the same garbage and ignoring the facts when they are presented to dispute you.

Here is a partial list of Barack Obama's accomplishments during his tenure in the Illinois Senate and U.S. Senate, AGAIN.

I have no delusions that you're going to actually read and absorb these facts though. I know you're simply counting on the fact that most people are simply too busy with important work to spend the whole day fact checking your posts.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:23 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

This is good, and worth repeating...

quote:
Atlas Smirked schreef:
Are you kidding? Newsmax is your source?

Can you name one example of a "lib" who is worried about this?

Most people see this for what it is: A Hail Mary pass from a desperate candidate.

Look at the facts:
1) 20 months on the job, with no federal or federal relations experience
2) Only previous elected position was the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska , population 8,471.
3) She is absolutely not ready to lead the nation in the unfortunate event that the oldest president ever elected dies. I'm not being unrealistic. He turned 72 today, he has had repeated instances of melanoma, and his father died of a heart attack at age 70. His DNA deck is stacked against him.
4) None of you bozos claiming to be experts on her character even knew who she was 18 hours ago.

John McCain is trying to get the disenfrachised Hillary Clinton voters, who are; falling in line after the convention and are, for the most part, going to vote for Barack Obama, and; diametrically opposed politically to Sarah Palin.

Women should be offended. John McCain bypassed many more qualified candidates, men and women, in favor of a pretty runner-up to the Miss Alaska competition thinking they'd vote for her simply because she has a vagina.

She's no Ronald Reagan, she's not even Dan Quayle. She's Harriet Miers
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Here's the real dems for you. Read their comments on palin.

democraticunderground.com
dailykos.com
huffingtonpost.com

I'd post the link for Alan Colmes web site & his comment about her baby's Down's being due to poor pre natal c are, b utr the slimy cvoward took it down.

I love the sound of squealing liberals in the morning; it sounds like VICTORY.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

From the front page of DailyKos:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/31/74321/7385/933/580793

quote:
Frank Rich:

The main reason McCain knuckled under to the religious right by picking Palin is that he actually believes there’s a large army of embittered Hillary loyalists who will vote for a hard-line conservative simply because she’s a woman. That’s what happens when you listen to the TV news echo chamber. Not only is the whole premise ludicrous, but it is every bit as sexist as the crude joke McCain notoriously told about Janet Reno, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton.

Does McCain really think he's going to appeal to these imagined angry supporters of Hillary with this anti-choice beauty queen?

What will he do with all of the angry supporters of qualified potential Republicon Veeps, also found at Daily Kos? http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/235113/684/122/579578

I'm still looking for the frightened Dems. You guys keep looking while I'm out in the sun enjoying the nice weather.
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:56 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You're right. Only repubs are mean spirited. Dems are wonderful enlightened people.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:59 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:

Here is a partial list of Barack Obama's accomplishments during his tenure in the Illinois Senate and U.S. Senate, AGAIN.

"In the Illinois State Senate, Senator Obama voted 130 times 'present,'"

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18348437
Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:01 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: