FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Baracks latest revelation

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack Obama 'wanted to join US military'
Barack Obama has said he considered joining the United States military when he left school but decided not to because the Vietnam war was over and "we weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point".

Why sure he did, and he just now remembered. This guy will say anything.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/barackobama/2700555/Barack-Obama-wanted-to-join-the-US-military.html
Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 pm 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, he said he had to sign up with the selective service when he graduated...this is another lie. Obama graduated in 1979....SS registration didn't start until 1980.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:53 am 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
strattonsigns schreef:
Yeah, he said he had to sign up with the selective service when he graduated...this is another lie. Obama graduated in 1979....SS registration didn't start until 1980.

Wrong. I know because I signed up for SS. Guess how old I am?

On July 2, 1980, President Jimmy Carter signed Proclamation 4771, Registration Under the Military Selective Service Act, retroactively re-establishing the Selective Service registration requirement for all 18-26 year old male citizens born on or after January 1, 1960. Only men born between March 29, 1957, and December 31, 1959, were completely exempt from Selective Service registration.

The first registrations after Proclamation 4771 took place on Monday, July 21, 1980, for those men born in January, February and March 1960 at U.S. Post Offices. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays were reserved for men born in the later quarters of the year, and registration for men born in 1961 began the following week. (Sources: sss.gov, Facts on File, Wikipedia.)

Research, ain't it wonderful!!!

Per the quote, I defy anyone who signs up for SS to claim they never even thought about military service. Heck, I thought of it - they give away free educations. For me, a decent job and some student loans made UM-Flint something I could swing without the military, so I didn't do it. If it makes you feel any better, sometimes I wish I had.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya your right Marko and of course we all know that your average limp wristed Lib like Baracko just cant wait to sign up for a little active military service as long as he or she will get the chance to see some real action. This just keeps getting better.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Marko.....you don't sound THAT old.....<running for the hills> Smile

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I got one of those free military educations. A Master's in Survival from the University of Pleiku, Vietnam. Class of 1964

I could show you my diploma, but I'd be arrested for saggin'. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I got one of those free military educations. A Master's in Survival from the University of Pleiku, Vietnam. Class of 1964

I could show you my diploma, but I'd be arrested for saggin'. Laughing

And that my friend makes you a patriot, someone who deserves to be honored, and a respected citizen...my thanks to you, and our country's thanks.

However, I'm not nominating you for president because of it. Wink
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

wait wait wait......Obama didn't specify WHAT MILITARY he wanted to join now did he?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:31 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: