FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: http://www.thecorruptionmustend.com/
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://www.thecorruptionmustend.com/

Hey they are posting dribble about people that are working to remove the DON!

There is a "Shout Out" link. Where you can reccomend things to be looked into. Hint Hint.

Just viewing the Circuit Court records I see a ton of Stuff they should be looking into about Don WIlliamson. Sexual Harassment, Illegal Firing of City Employees, Intimadation and racketeering. BUt, for some reason non of that is being mentioned on that site. They are just talking about Alex Harris and Local Reporters. LOL LOL LOL
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:56 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um....how does "pump and dump" work, pertaining to stocks?

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Committee to Stop Corrupt Government New Blog...

http://flintfirst.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I just posted a comment and asked him to type a response to the Open Letter that I wrote him.

Plus asked him a couple of questions too boot: Who paid for the paving? Why did he target recall organizers with this PAC? Why did he target journalists?

You know the usual everyday questions you ask a mayor of a large city...

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:32 pm 
Marko Rollo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Um....how does "pump and dump" work, pertaining to stocks?

1. Buy a bunch of shares of cheap stock.
2. "Pump" them by telling others what a great buy they are. It helps if people think you're an expert, or you can spam a million people with e-mail.
3. More sales (higher demand) means stock prices typically rise.
4. When the price goes up "dump" your shares first.

If you've made a profit on a stock who's value you raised through deception, pump & dump is not necessarily illegal. If you made a profit because you had insider information, that is illegal. See Martha Stewart.

I was assuming this was a real question...

Last edited by Marko Rollo on Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

You betcha.....that it was a real question, that is...I am the last person to proclaim that I am stock market smart!!!

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:38 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I just left my comment at the mayor's blog: www.flintfirst.blogspot.com

quote:
More often than not, when people see a public official, particularly an unpopular official, attacking the media, they just think the official is hiding something.

The first tactic of the corrupt, tyrannical and inept: kill the messenger and attack the press. Surely the mayor is doing a fine job. It must be the media that is getting it all wrong. The media isn't perfect, and some newspapers are indeed worthless (The Davison Index before Jim Sherman sold it this year comes to mind). The Flint Journal isn't the best paper in the nation, but it is far from the worst. From what I hear from people close to City Hall, the Journal's coverage is pretty accurate.

From my vantage point in Davison, Mayor Williamson looks like a caricature of a 1930's political boss, one who tries to buy influence with one hand, and crush those who are unwilling to be bought. Whether or not my perception is 100% accurate, I don't know, but I do know a few people who work close to Flint's City Hall, and they share my view. They see this as yet another attempt by a corrupt or inept mayor to distract the attention of his constituents away from his own shortcomings.

One thing I know for sure, Mayor Williamson has no chance of being Governor of Michigan. He has minimal support in his own city, most of the people in Genesee County think he is a clown, and the rest of the state hasn't heard of him yet. If the state's voters see that archive video of him shouting profanities at the City Council through a bullhorn while wearing that hard hat, the campaign will be over.

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/voices/index.ssf/2008/08/flint_journal_talk_backs_the_t_15.html

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:27 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Are you making screen shots before your comments disappear?

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:53 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I actually know very little about computers. I'm like McCain that way. How exactly would one do that, and why?
Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You should be able to right click on the page & save it as a web page.

8 years ago, the Boston Globe reported that due to the injuries he suffered as a POW, McCain in unable to comb his hair, tie his shoes, or type on a keyboard. Something else to belittle him for, I guess.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

It was a joke, David. Don't get all P.C. on us. Besides, even you should see the difference between his willful refusal to learn anything about the internet and those things he can't do due to physical injuries.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:27 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[/quote]
It was a joke, David. Don't get all P.C. on us
quote:

Holy cow Kevin making political joke who does he think he is TT.

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:53 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Kevin McKague schreef:
It was a joke, David. Don't get all P.C. on us. Besides, even you should see the difference between his willful refusal to learn anything about the internet and those things he can't do due to physical injuries.

Willful refusal? Do you have a source for this?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Okay, call me cynical...many people have.

I have checked the fec.gov website database and cannot find a PAC under the name The Committee to Stop Corrupt Government.

On the Channel 12 show Newsmakers Don pretty much stated that he "didn't want to" mention the logistics of the PAC.

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/availfec.shtml
"The FEC makes public all reports filed by candidates for federal office and by the party committees and political action committees (PACs) that support them. Any document filed with the FEC is available for review within 48 hours of receipt."

I am assuming that IF the mayor filed the correct paperwork that it would be on file, but would it also be safe to assume that there is lag time between the paperwork submitted and showing up in the PAC database?

Anyone?

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:03 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: