FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Gypsy Jacks old house has turned up on ebay!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
geller
F L I N T O I D

Surprised i thought they were going to turn it into a museum or something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOST-FAMOUS-HOUSE-IN-FLINT-MI-Gypsy-Jack-WILD-WEST-NR_W0QQitemZ260289389196QQihZ016QQcategoryZ12605QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:44 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am bidding on it, we should preserve that place for East Side history! That place has been there ever since I was a kid, i use to love to drive by it and look at it

Post Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, have you checked condition of title on this property? City of Flint website shows the property "Posted" and owner's address "out of country." Wink
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not only that have you actually looked at the home. I haven't been by there in 5 years and it was a dilapidated piece of crap then. Rolling Eyes
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:22 pm 
kryskattan
F L I N T O I D

Last edited by kryskattan on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:26 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes, we did a title search on it,,,,,, I will make sure if i win it, we close at a title company in town... I want to start a group of people who are interested in restoring the house to what Gypsy Jack wanted it t to me, then form a non profit and i will donate it to the group.

I was born and have lots of family on the eastside of Flint, this is a historic place we should preserve

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Ryan, have you checked condition of title on this property? City of Flint website shows the property "Posted" and owner's address "out of country." Wink

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I love it.

Its not a Cape Cod, though. Its a Bungalow.

God I'm a nerd.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:21 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

thanks!!

quote:
kryskattan schreef:
I think it's cool Ryan, good luck!

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:24 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Then I will hire Kay Kellly to be the director(of the non profit.), and she well help make it as FABuLOUS as she has Kearsley Park... Smile

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 pm 
geller
F L I N T O I D

I checked it out a few days ago, its not as good as in the picture but its pretty ok.

wish i could bid, i always liked the house.

good luck with it ryan
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:42 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Maybe you can get it moved to crossroads village.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:58 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Geller, if i win we could certainly use you on the committee to save it.... Smile I am not wanting this house to personally live in, but if i can get it cheap i want to donate to a newly formed group to renovate it like it use to be. I love the east side and think the people of the east side deserve it to be preserved.

quote:
geller schreef:
I checked it out a few days ago, its not as good as in the picture but its pretty ok.

wish i could bid, i always liked the house.

good luck with it ryan

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I would say that 2 grand for a house is pretty cheap. Very Happy
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:12 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thats about going rate over there for houses in this condition.

quote:
twotap schreef:
I would say that 2 grand for a house is pretty cheap. Very Happy

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/09/history_for_the_taking_histori.html
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: