FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Saturday night Liberals are at it again

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack supporters will stoop to any level. SNL about as classy as MTV.
MEDIA MATTERS
NBC jokes: Todd Palin has sex with daughters
'Saturday Night Live' skit suggests Sarah's husband guilty of incest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 21, 2008
2:18 am Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A week after a high-profile send-up of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live," the NBC comedy show returned to making fun of the Alaskan governor in a skit where New York Times reporters sought to probe the possibility Palin's husband, Todd, was having sex with the couple's own daughters.

"What about the husband?" asked a Times reporter during a mock assignment meeting for the paper. "You know he's doing those daughters. I mean, come on. It's Alaska."

The assignment editor for the Times, portrayed by actor James Franco, responded: "He very well could be. Admittedly, there is no evidence of that, but on the other hand, there is no convincing evidence to the contrary. And these are just some of the lingering questions about Governor Palin."

The skit featured a photo of one reporter and an on-screen message that stated, "In 2009 [reporter] Howland Gwathmey Moss, V was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for his Times series on unproven, yet un-disproven incest in the Palin family. Sadly, he was to die 3 months later, run over by a snow machine, driven by a polar bear."

The final shot showed an image of a New York Times page, with headlines that included:

"While No Direct Evidence of Incest in Palin Family Emerges, Counter Evidence Remains Agonizingly Elusive" and "In a Small Alaska Town, Doubts Still Linger."

The sketch seemed to be designed to mock how out of touch journalists from the Big Apple are when it comes to their knowledge of Alaska, with left-leaning, Manhattan-dwelling reporters mistaking a snowmobile for a "baptizing machine," a crucifix and a NordicTrack exerciser in photographs held up for them.

Some viewers expressed outrage.

"It is time the Palin family brought out the big guns. They need to sue General Electric, NBC, 'Saturday Night Live,'" said Al Barrs of Bascom, Fla. "This is clearly criminal and defamation of character of an entire family and state. All the above needs to be taken to their knees big time once and for all."

"What if somebody did one with this kind of humor on Obama and his daughters?" asked Jim Cash of Chattanooga, Tenn. "What an uproar there would be. This line of humor is tasteless and moronic and about as low as they could go. There simply must be an uproar over this. We cannot let this just pass."

But others, such as Ana Jimenez, believe the episode was all in good fun, since the program is a comedy show.

"Anyone that watched Saturday's show and believed the skit in which it was suggested that there was incest in the Palin household needs to have [his] head examined," said Jimenez. "The purpose of the joke (tacky and crude as it was, I did not care for it at all by the way) was to show how out of touch journalists are – not an attack on the Palin household. Sheesh, get a grip!"

NBC's website for "Saturday Night Live" normally contains video clips of the show's comedy routines, but, interestingly, the clip of the incest sketch was never posted online.

The show opened with a brief skit making fun of truth-enhanced TV ads John McCain was approving for his campaign. One ad claimed that since Barack Obama was in favor of universal health care, that meant coverage for everyone in the entire universe, including terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's the skit written by Al Franken, a typical Democrat.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Maybe Obama's reason for supporting abortion is because he's doing his daughters.........makes about as much sense?

But....let Rush make any innuendo about THAT in jest and he'd be crucified.
Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:33 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I saw the clip of the SNL clip tonight on fox news. It amazes me that the libs can say whatever they want and nothing is off limits. But call Nobama a muslim and watch them lose their freakin minds.

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:07 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I think this is the best thing the libs and Baracko supporters can do let everyone see them for what they are. Go SNL and all the other lefties.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:53 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

"I can see Russia from my house!" hehehehe

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

I take it that none of you guys have actually seen the skit. It is clear to anybody who did that the target of the skit are the writers of the New York Times. When a team of them is coached by a reporter who has experience living in Alaska, most of them refuse to go because they have never ventured off of Manhatten island, and are afraid to do so. The fact that one of them makes up the incest story is intended to show how the reporters are clueless, and willing to believe anything unless proof to the contrary can be provided for the fake story. Your outrage here is ironic for at least a couple reasons. First of all, don't you conservatives hate the New York Times? If you had actually seen the skit, you might have enjoyed it. Secondly, the way the "reporters" try to cling to a story in spite of the fact that it can't be proven reminds me a lot of what you guys try to pull off here. Maybe you should read a little less of News Max and believe nothing Two Tap says.
Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup Atlas is probably right we all know that SNL and 95% of the media and Hollywood are not actually in the tank for Baracko and that skit with its disgusting storyline was never intended to make folly of Palins family. YA RIGHT. Can you imagine the cry's of racism, insensitivity, mean spiritedness, or any other descriptive term that would be voiced at the mere suggestion that the Messiah Barack had at one time or another diddled his little darlins. Lets see as per Atlas's suggestion No Drudge, no Newsmax and heaven forbid no Fox News I wonder where we are supposed to get our news Saturday night live perhaps or more likely NBCs Oppermen Help us out here will ya Atlas. Laughing
Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:56 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: