FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: First The Old Copa, Now the Metropolis

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

First The Old Copa Night Club ( which was built like a brick shit house ) Now Word on the street is that the old metropolis night club is the next building to have a rendezvous with the infamous Flint wrecking ball. An unofficial source said " The building is a wood structure ( very old ) and needs lots of work, after what happened with the Rowe Building they don't want to renovate anymore".... They feel building new is cheaper than renovating due to not having unforeseen issues arise!

I think this is terrible actually, people want cool things in a downtown area. People want buildings to go to in a downtown area. We are tearing down too much downtown and soon there will be more parking lots than buildings.

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Charlie
F L I N T O I D

Well Ryan, this is a historic structure so unlike the Copa or Vogue store, the historic district commission could stop the demolition of this structure. The roof has been leaking for at least three years which probably encourages them to demolish the structure. Don't you call that Demolition by neglect?
Does the HDC have the balls to enforce their own ordinance or will they allow demoltion like Manning Court. My bet is on demolition.
Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: