FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: McCain campaign mgr on Freddie Mac payroll

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Hey, TwoTap, what was that you were saying about Barack Obama being responsible for the Freddie and Fannie meltdown, simply because he took campaign contributions from them?

quote:
(NYT) Freddie Mac paid $15,000 a month to a firm co-owned by Mr. McCain’s campaign manager, Rick Davis, from 2005 through August, just before the government seized the mortgage company.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Atlas that story has been proven bogus regardless of what your daily Kos folks tell ya. Try again. Laughing
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Hey Atlas that story has been proven bogus regardless of what your daily Kos folks tell ya. Try again. Laughing

Oh, if only your wishing truly made it so.

Who said anything about Kos? How about the wacky liberals at the AP

quote:
Source: Freddie Mac paid McCain aide's firm

By PETE YOST – 2 days ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Almost up until the time it was taken over by the government in the nation's financial crisis, one of two housing giants paid $15,000 a month to the lobbying firm of John McCain's campaign manager, a person familiar with the financial arrangement says.

The money from Freddie Mac to the firm of Rick Davis is on top of more than $30,000 a month that went directly to Davis for five years starting in 2000.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:42 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Interesting that you decided to only give one side of the story here is Davis's response. Sounds reasonable to me.

By Michael D. Shear
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, September 24, 2008; Page A06

The lobbying firm founded and co-owned by Rick Davis, the campaign manager for Sen. John McCain's White House bid, received payments from Freddie Mac in recent months, despite assertions by Davis earlier this week that the firm's work for the mortgage giant had ended three years ago.

An industry source told The Washington Post that Davis's firm, Davis Manafort, continued to receive monthly payments in the $15,000 range from Freddie Mac until very recently, confirming an ongoing financial relationship reported last night in several other publications.

The source said Davis Manafort was paid for being on retainer to Freddie Mac but did little actual work after early 2007.

Two unidentified sources told the newspaper Roll Call yesterday that Davis Manafort is still receiving payments from the mortgage giant, one of the financial institutions at the center of the nation's housing crisis. The New York Times reported last night that the payments stopped last month.

Both reports appear to contradict Davis's comments to reporters on a conference call this week.

Before working on the McCain campaign, Davis had served as the president of the Homeownership Alliance, a group created to lobby for mortgage companies and other groups on behalf of homeownership.

"I have had a severed leave of absence from my firm for 18 months," he said Monday. "I have taken no compensation from my company, and our work for the Homeownership Alliance had ended about a year, year-and-a-half before that even started. So it's been over three years since there's been any activity in this area and since I've had any contact with those folks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess we will have to do a quick search as to who benefited from Fannie and Freddie and who was actually behind the whole scheme. Gee I wonder if any of them had ties to your boy?
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:23 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

TWOTAP, sometimes I think your right-finger cut-and-paste reflex is so quick that you don't even read or understand what you are posting.

Did you see this part of what you pasted?

quote:
Two unidentified sources told the newspaper Roll Call yesterday that Davis Manafort is still receiving payments from the mortgage giant, one of the financial institutions at the center of the nation's housing crisis. The New York Times reported last night that the payments stopped last month.

Both reports appear to contradict Davis's comments to reporters on a conference call this week.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Appear to contradict Laughing Two unidentified sources, Laughing NY times oh ya no agendas there. Laughing
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:12 am 
strattonsigns
F L I N T O I D

Why the innuendo? Obama himself took $130,000 from Freddie and fannie himself...forget the campaign manager.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:31 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

That's kinda my point Stratton, you guys have been harping about Barack Obama getting contributions from Fannie and Freddie (which, by the way, is not the same as showing a quid-pro-quo relationship), when the whole time, your boy's campaign manager is working for them!
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:44 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
when the whole time, your boy's campaign manager is working for them!

Had once worked for them!!! kinda like Baracko was once on the antigun Joyce foundation. of course hes still antigun but that's for another thread. Laughing
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: