FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Debate questions

What do you think of John McCain saying he might not appear at the debate?
He's right. There are important issues to attend to in Washington, and the debate can wait.
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
It kinda reminds me of when my husband (wife, brother, other) says he's too busy to clean the garage. He's got this. . .important "thing" he has to help his friend do at his house, but he'll come back to work on the garage later, "when he
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Will tonight's debate still be televised if John McCain doesn't show up? If it is, and it ends up being a two-hour Barack Obama infomercial, will McCain then call for free equal time as required by campaign finance laws, or does he forfeit that right when he cancells at the last minute like he might? Are we really to believe that McCain is just too busy to come to the debate, or is this just another attempt to restrict the press' ability to ask difficult questions, like they're doing by not allowing Sarah Palin to do very many interviews? Does McCain really need to be in D.C. right now? He isn't on any of the pertinent committees, and it doesn't look like he's doing anything there. Isn't the ability to multi-task during stressful conditions a pre-requisite for being President of the United States?
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:04 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The press and difficult questions. Thats funny if you include your boy in the mix. When did the press ever press him on anything??? I would say that a senator who's getting paid to be a senator and not a campaigner should get his ass back to Washington and do the job he was hired to do. Holy Moly my vote made it 100.% :lol
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:07 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

As one who wants his next job to be President, he should show that he can handle adversity while communicating with the American people at the same time. John McCain has already said that the economy isn't his strong suit. He needs to do his job, and also be able to explain to us tonight why he should he at the helm for the next four years. If elected, it won't be the first time he'll be expected to juggle tasks, and he won't be able to put off talking to the American public like he is trying to today.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:39 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

The poll was just posted when you voted, and you were the first. Were you expecting a different percentage? You don't work for Fox News polling, do you?
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

No kidding. Laughing As far as multitasking any one who's a combat pilot is quite capable of multitasking and as far as handling adversity you must be kidding if your gonna compare Barry to Mccain.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:28 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

I think we can agree that a lot of time has passed since John McCain has been a pilot.

Rest assured though, John McCain has decided he will be at the debate tonight.

Speaking of rest, the former multi-tasking pilot apparently needs a lot of it in his old age:
http://www.newshoggers.com/blog/2008/08/mccain-needs-hi.html
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:31 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I thought you might give us a quick example of all the Adversity that Barry has had in his life like free rides to law school and his wifey making $300 grand a year as a "hospital Consultant" WTF that is.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:51 pm 
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I thought you might give us a quick example of all the Adversity that Barry has had in his life like free rides to law school and his wifey making $300 grand a year as a "hospital Consultant" WTF that is.

If you have a problem with "CONSULTANTS" then why do you back McCain? Remember McCain's economic advisor, Phil Gramm, who CONSULTED Fannie & Freddie. The one who just weeks ago claimed that the American People are a bunch of whiners, who are suffering a mental recession?

I'd say McCain's life has been pretty comfy since ditching his first wife for Ms. Bud. 8 house, 13 cars. The opinion that people with less than 5 million dollars are middle class.
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:07 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Damn, Flinttite, its almost as if TwoTap didn't know what the (vulgar language) he was talking about! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:11 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Still waiting for all the Adversity poor little Barry had to overcome. Confused Laughing You two intertwined or joined at the hip or what ever fellas or gals who knows??need to take a serious look at who was the driving force behind Fannie and Freddie (why they needed a male counterpart is sure a mystery) and see who's names keep popping up. Well darn no Repubs Laughing
Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:34 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Still waiting for all the Adversity poor little Barry had to overcome. Confused Laughing

Why are you under the impression that everybody at Flinttalk is obliged to follow every one of your attempts to distract from the topic at hand, just because you want to change the subject?

quote:
twotap schreef:
You two intertwined or joined at the hip or what ever fellas or gals who knows??need to take a serious look at who was the driving force behind Fannie and Freddie (why they needed a male counterpart is sure a mystery) and see who's names keep popping up. Well darn no Repubs Laughing

...except for McCain campaign manager Rick Davis

If I may get back to the subject at hand, it has been suggested that John McCain might have more than one reason to have wanted to distract the media by claiming he was just too darn busy to debate:

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/stumper/archive/2008/09/25/the-real-upside-of-mccain-s-suspension.aspx

Your girlfriend the hockey mom has been giving conservatives a lot of grief over the past couple days.
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

From what I am reading and what I witnessed it appears your boyfriend Baracko might have been better off if HE had actually skipped the debate. The old man put it to him pretty well Laughing Laughing Laughing As far as the adversity question Hey you brought it up in reference to Mccain but apparently you have no examples of your boy having to deal with it. Laughing
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:57 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
From what I am reading and what I witnessed it appears your boyfriend Baracko might have been better off if HE had actually skipped the debate.

What debate did YOU watch? Apparently not the same one as these people in this poll
Post Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:22 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: