FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Tell me a story Joe.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Hillary Clinton told a tall tale about "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, she was accused of "inflating her war experience" by rival Democrat Barack Obama's campaign.

But the campaign has been silent about Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, telling his own questionable story about being "shot at" in Iraq.

"Let's start telling the truth," Biden said during a presidential primary debate sponsored by YouTube last year. "Number one, you take all the troops out - you better have helicopters ready to take those 3,000 civilians inside the Green Zone, where I have been seven times and shot at. You better make sure you have protection for them, or let them die."

But when questioned about the episode afterward by the Hill newspaper, Biden backpedaled from his claim of being "shot at" and instead allowed: "I was near where a shot landed."

The senior senator from Delaware went on to say that some sort of projectile "landed" outside a building in the Green Zone where he and another senator had spent the night during a visit in December 2005. The lawmakers were shaving in the morning when they felt the building shake, Biden said.

"No one got up and ran from the room-it wasn't that kind of thing," he told the Hill. "It's not like I had someone holding a gun to my head."

The rest of the press ignored the flap at the time because Biden was viewed as having little chance of ending up on the Democratic presidential ticket. But even after Biden was selected to be Obama's running mate last month, his claim to have been "shot at" drew no scrutiny from the same reporters who had savaged Clinton for making a similar claim that turned out to be false.

FOX News has been asking the Obama campaign for details of the alleged shooting in Iraq ever since Biden was tapped to be vice president. Biden campaign spokesman David Wade promised an answer last week, but failed to provide one.

Meanwhile, the gaffe-prone Biden has again raised eyebrows with another story about his exploits in war zones - this time in Afghanistan. Biden said he will grill Republican rival Sarah Palin in Thursday's vice presidential debate about "the superhighway of terror between Pakistan and Afghanistan where my helicopter was forced down."

"If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me," Biden bragged to the National Guard Association. "Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are."

But it turns out that inclement weather, not terrorists, prompted the chopper to land in an open field during Biden's visit to Afghanistan in February. Fighter jets kept watch overhead while a convoy of security vehicles was dispatched to retrieve Biden and fellow Senators Chuck Hagel and John Kerry.

"We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to," joked Kerry, a Democrat, to the AP. "Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."

Biden never explicitly claimed his chopper had been forced down by terrorists. Nonetheless,

John McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said Obama-Biden officials have been less than forthcoming about Biden's dramatic war stories.

"They never explained Biden's helicopter story from last week - which is very similar to the story about getting 'shot at' in Baghdad," Rogers said.

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:36 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Hey, I can't find the emoticon for the yawning smiley.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres one for all you libs when it comes to one of your own.

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:11 am 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

You're trying really hard to make it look like Joe is as clumsy as Hockey Mom, but your story doesn't cut it. Did you hear? She went out for a cheesesteak last weekend and came out with a new Palin doctrine for attacking Pakistan! She's an accident waiting to happen. I can't wait for tomorow's debate!
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:25 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I assume you're aware that the moderator for the debate is in the tank for Obama.
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/30/a-debate-%e2%80%9cmoderator%e2%80%9d-in-the-tank-for-obama/

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Wouldn't make any difference, from here it looks like the Hockey Mom is "in the tank for Obama" too. Every time she opens her mouth she frightens conservatives and entertains Democrats.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Their used to be a song called "wishing and hoping" kinda reminds me of your posts lately. For someone who claims not to fear the soccer mom you much like the hollywood goons sure are obsessed with her.
http://www.teamsarah.org/video/video/show?id=2330231:Video:3586

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:48 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I think technically pretty much everyone gets shot at in the "Green Zone". If you are in the Green Zone and people are shooting at the green zone you would technically be getting shot at.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If someone was shooting at Beach & 4th Street downtown, and you were at Kearsley & Saginaw downtown, would that mean you were being shot at?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

if you were Biden or Hillary it would. Laughing

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:13 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

Dave, your analogy is less than perfect. A shooting in Flint is probably aimed at a particular person. The shooter, more than likely, has a certain target in mind. Terrorists shooting into the Green Zone are not looking for specific individuals. They simply hope to kill as many people as possible. I agree with Adam on this one. If you are in the Green Zone and shots or rockets are being fired, unless its our guys doing the shooting, I'd say its fair to say you're one of the targets.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:37 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

I haven't been able to pull myself away from work long enough to check for myself, but I've heard from several people that there were some clips edited from Katie Couric's interview with the Hockey Mom that were too embarrring to air. Apparently, Gov. Palin was unable to cite a single Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade. Marbury v. Madison, Plessy v. Fergesun, Brown v. Board of Education, Bush v. Gore. . . . Any of these ring a bell Sarah. . . . NOPE! I'll bring the links by later.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
If you are in the Green Zone and shots or rockets are being fired
I believe the key word is are or in Hillary and Jumpin Joes case were. Apparently none were and they both were being melodramatic. Do you actually believe they would allow the first lady and the first daughter or even Biden into an under fire area. You gotta quit pulling crap out of the air and sticking up for everything the press trys to feed us. it also appears that in your agitated state you got your threads mixed up and you talk about Sarah not knowing whats going on.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:47 pm 
Atlas Smirked
F L I N T O I D

You're talking about two seperate and very different stories, Two Tap. Hillary's story took place in Bosnia, and was clearly a lie, even she admitted that. Joe's story took place where indiscriminate attacks on civilians, officials, and troops alike are targeted. Don't confuse the issue. Speaking of confused. . . . Sarah Palin is going down tomorow night! They can't force enough pre-debate trivia to straighten her out in time.
Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Sarah Palin is going down tomorow night!

The hysteria you harbor even comes thru in your posts. you dont know that Obama dosent know that Biden dosent know that. By the way sounds to me like Biden was the one confused if he thought he was under fire. Another Biden Boast based on nothing more than his bloated ego.

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:08 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: