FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How to cut through the media spin

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I don't normally share this sort of thing, but I got this in my e-mail box and its just too good not to share:

quote:
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic,
different."
* Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well
grounded.

* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
f irst black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration
drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional
Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district
with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and
Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate
Representing a state of 3 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and
serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's
Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council
and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as
the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to
become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real
Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a true
Christian.

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other
option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen
daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't
represent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI
conviction and no college educatio n, who didn't register to vote until age
25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska
from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:24 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well gosh jolly gee ya left out the parts about Working for ACORN the most corrupt vote getting group in the nation, I didn't see the part about sitting in the front pew of a racist church for 20 years and not hearing a word,(they probably had headphones on listening to ludicrisess latest diddy) The part about his association with leftist America haters like William Ayres, Didnt see the part about a poor depressed boy who turned to cocaine to help relieve the pain, No mention of his corrupt Chicago political connection with his buddy Tony Resko, I could go on and on but I dont want to overload you with too many facts about your boy that you are of course about to attempt to dispute.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:58 am 
Brian Warner
F L I N T O I D

gosh golly gee? Are you mocking Palin?
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:27 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I'm still waiting for you or anybody to show that those guys you mention are anything more than two of the thousands of passing acquaintances that have passed through Sen. Obama's life. I wonder if you're able to vouch for every single person who has ever been at the same party, campaign, or event as you. In any case, the burden of proof is on the accuser, and NOBODY has been able to prove any wrong-doing or illegal activity on Obama's part. Most Americans still believe that the press has to show a story might be true before running it, unlike the sites you often quote. Show some proof, or shut up, TT. I'll see y'all at the victory party Nov. 4.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Show some proof, or shut up, TT.

Now your the moderator of the forum???? The libs favorite tactic of trying to silence their opposition aint gonna fly here.

Anyhow once again since you didnt seem to get it the first dozen or so times that your boy and his connection to an American terrorist is a fact here it is once again. http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2008/09/23/barack-obama-bill-ayers-stanley-kurtz-makes-connection

quote:
gosh golly gee? Are you mocking Palin?

Just using a quote from our dimwit governor when she was referring to Sarah Palin. Laughing

And of course Baracko and Rezko.
Obama's Connection to Slumlord Tony Rezko

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 8:00 AM

By: Charles R. Smith Article Font Size

There is an old proverb: Lay down with dogs — wake up with fleas. Right now the case of Tony Rezko is biting the Obama campaign and to scratch it will open up old wounds.

Rezko is a Syrian immigrant who rose to power inside Chicago, becoming a well-known "slumlord" and a player in Illinois politics. He was convicted in June of 16 counts of corruption. According to the charges, Rezko ripped off $6 million from the state of Illinois through kickbacks while working for the administration of current Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

Rezko was also one of Obama's earliest supporters.

In 1995, when Obama ran for a seat in the Illinois Senate, Rezko, through two of his companies, donated thousands of dollars to the Obama campaign. Ironically, Obama won the election in a district that included 11 of Rezko's 30 low-income housing projects.

In 2003, Rezko held a lavish fundraiser at his Wilmette, Ill., mansion for Obama's Senate election. In fact, Rezko raised big dollars for Obama.

Still, Rezko and Obama had more than just a political relationship. In 2005, when Rezko was under federal investigation for influence peddling, Obama and Rezko's wife, Rita, bought adjacent pieces of property from a Chicago doctor.

The doctor sold one parcel to Obama for $1.65 million, $300,000 below the market price, while Rezko's wife paid full price, $625,000, for an adjacent vacant lot. Curiously, Mrs. Rezko made a $125,000 down payment and obtained a $500,000 mortgage when financial records shown at the Rezko trial noted that she had a salary of only $37,000 and assets of $35,000. The court records also show her husband had few assets at the time.

Obama claims that in buying his house in 2005, he also got a low mortgage rate from Northern Trust bank because another bank made a competitive bid for his loan. The only problem is the Obama campaign refuses to identify the other bank or show any proof of a competitive loan offer.

Six months later, Obama purchased a 10-foot wide strip of the Rezko property, paying Rezko's wife $104,500. According to Obama, the 10-foot strip was for a bigger yard. Still, the deal also rendered the Rezko parcel too small to build on, thereby increasing the value of Obama's property.

So the house (or mansion) that Obama built allegedly has some interesting foundations. Of course, the mainstream media is nowhere to be seen covering this explosive combination. Still, the old axiom of dogs and fleas proves true. One does not have to look far to find an infestation inside Obama's house.

And finally still waiting for all that executive experience that Baracko posses from all those companies and governmental positions he personally presided over. I gotta admit though he does have a record attributed to him that being the lowest bowling score ever recorded by any man woman or child at the bowling alley where he made his bowling debut. Laughing

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:20 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Here's a tip, TT: if the article starts out with a proverb about a dog and fleas, it's commentary, not news. Here's another: you can find anything you want on the web, from ways to cure cancer with dandylions to how Elvis killed Kennedy. What your articles lack are verifyable sources, and actual facts. Refusing to believe this or other myths isn't "burying my head in the sand", its insisting on a higher threshold of truth. As much as folks like you will try to use the web to try to make this a "post-fact society", where any view can be supported with a simple google search, most Americans will believe it when they see the proof. You sir, have none. Now the link between McCain and Keating and his Savings and Loan scandal of the late 80's, not THAT has been proven, even McCain acknowledges that.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

. . Oh, and I'll show you Barack Obama's executive experience right after you show me John McCain's. George W. Bush had executive experience in a state with a weak executive governor, and drove several companies into the ground. He owned the Texas Rangers, a poor team, but I'll admit, thats about as relevant as Barack's bowling score.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres a tip for you Mckague. do you realize how foolish you look in trying to cover up everything and ever pal from your boys past. I hope Mccain finally gets over this "cant we all just get along" crap and starts playing like your side tonight and brings up this factual info about the most liberal left leaning unqualified prez candidate in history and who he is tied to. If he does not he deserves to lose.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:52 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

First of all, its McKague, please note the capitalized "K", secondly, it's not foolishly "covering up" when I'm refuting unproven gossip, and finally, your boy most definately deserves to lose, and likely will: www.realclearpolitics.com Truth still beats rumor every time!
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

First of all its twotap not TT secondly you have not refuted anything but simply dodged around it. Obamas record on who he knew what he did and what he believes is easy to find its common knowledge and its all true so you keep spinning but dont try to claim you have refuted the facts. By the way the idiotic thing that started this thread was just shown to me by a neighbor who received it in a UAW newsletter in his mailbox. Jeez what a surprise the uaw has backed every leftist who ever ran for anything. He agreed with me what crap.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:18 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Refute what? The burden of proof is on the accuser! So far all you have are pasted commentaries from authors who also have proven nothing! Its like the Muslim thread! You guys paste rumors that have long been disproven by the legitimate, fact based media, (have you noticed not even Fox has touched this stuff?), and you expect me to disprove it? What if you found a site online that said that YOU were involved with a drug smuggling ring. Then imagine that when you disputed it, your accuser said, "but its right here! Its on-line, I just pasted it for you, what else you want? Prove it wrong!" I imagine your response would be something like f--- you! Show me a SINGLE LEGITIMATE NEWS SOURCE showing that Sen. Obama is guilty of anything other than being within two or three degrees of separation of somebody who has been alleged of committing a crime. YOU CAN'T BECAUSE OBAMA IS GUILTY OF NOTHING. If you read about an Elvis sighting at Burger King, don't ask me prove Elvis is dead.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:48 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lets take a look at the UAW newsletter designed to get out the Barack vote You know something that McKague hardly ever posts.

If you grow up in Hawaii raised by grandparents your exotic different.

Not really your simply another by product of two dysfunctional parents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh ya how you name your kids is Important to the libs I guess so if we were to make fun of names like Malia and Sasha that would be OK with the dems???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you graduate from Harvard law school you are simply just another Liberal Leftist lawyer just what we dont need.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great, lets talk about Baracks days with ACORN and his get out the illegal vote efforts not that's a great resume feature. Of course they sort of left out his days of serving on boards with American terrorist William Ayers who threw a coming out party for the chosen one. jeez I dont see where Sarah Palin had terrorists or Chicago hoodlums as chums.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course no one including this UAW goon knows whether or not Baracko has been faithful to his wife. After all he has the same genes his deadbeat findem fuckem forgetem dad has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You sure you want to bring up Birth Control and sex ed when referring to Mr abortion anytime anywhere any reason.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ya Michele the sacrificing wife who gave up everything so she could earn $300,000 bucks a year as a "hospital Consultant"???. Poor baby she hardly has enough left over every month to afford piano lessons for Maila and Sasha. I mean do you know how difficult it was to pay Tony Rezko $105,000 for a ten foot strip of land. And of course talking substance abuse well it was so tough for poor little Barry to cope with the real world you know Dad that abandoned him and his apparently loose momma that he had to turn to cocaine to relieve the stress. As far as who belonged to what groups wellthe Joyce foundation and barack were joined at the hip in their efforts to eliminate the 2nd amendment.

Yup the good old UAW who have never meant a leftist they didnt like. What a track record and look where it got them. NAFTA anyone
Laughing

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:55 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Two Tap, you often accuse those who mock Ms. Palin for her shortcomings of being "panicked", which never made sense to me. Now I think it is you who sounds panicky. www.realclearpolitics.com
Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not panicked at all, I mean hell I lived thru the Carter years your boy is no different but im just finding it hard to believe that so many have been so mesmerized by such an empty suit. When your boy does get control of things for a brief 4 years you hangers on are gonna have some splanin to do. Laughing

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:18 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Naw, they'll just blame everything on Bush, just like they've been blaming Engler for Michigan's problems for the last 6 years.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: