FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Governor Granholm headed for the Supreme Court?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Washington Post report (via The Detroit News) has Governor Granholm on a shortlist of possible Supreme Court Justice candidates if Sen. Barack Obama wins the presidency this year.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081007/POLITICS/810070312

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Another reason not to vote for Obama.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup you can see whats coming if people dont WAKE UP.

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:24 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Yup you can see whats coming if people dont WAKE UP.

It may be too late. We're already like 60 Trillion in debt if you do away with the Enron style accounting. That's more than all of the U.S. 401k Retirement savings combined. Even those are slipping away.
Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:21 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****That's more than all of the U.S. 401k Retirement savings combined. Even those are slipping away.****

Yippers...I lost 7.1 percent of my Roth last month, now I am going to meet with my financial guy tomorrow morning....bright eyed and bushy tailed!!!

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:40 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

Don't worry about future MI Supreme court. pay attention to this NOV Election. I am not advocating for this candidate but forwarding this message as FYI. Look at Cliff Taylor, Hathaway and another (can't find info ..have the name here somewhere) Vote the entire ballot!
MI Supreme Court is on the non-partisan section of this Nov ballot.
Peace,
RAP

Vote All the Way - Vote Hathaway!

Now is the Time
Absentee Ballots will soon be arriving in mailboxes. It is very important to let your neighbors know that voting Straight Party Ticket is not enough to create the change Michigan needs on our Supreme Court. You need to FLIP THE BALLOT – GO TO THE NONPARTISAN SECTION and vote DIANE MARIE HATHAWAY for Supreme Court. Hathaway is the Democratic nominee, but you still must vote for her in addition to voting straight-ticket.
Absentee ballots are now available. You can vote absentee if you are:
Age 60 years old or older
Unable to vote without assistance at the polls
Expecting to be out of town on Election Day
Unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons
Appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence

Request your AV ballot here.
Why We Need a Change in the Supreme Court for Our Environment
Examples of Cliff Taylor decisions that have harmed Michigan’s environment:
The Michigan Environmental Protection Act (1973) gave citizens rights and power to protect the environment and to stop pollution and destruction to the environment. Cliff Taylor restricted the right to sue to those who can show they or their property has been harmed. More Information

Taylor also voted in favor of corporate polluters and made it harder for people to hold accountable big corporations that cause sickness and death, and that are harming the environment by dumping cancer-causing waste (dioxin) into the state. More information

A Statement From Diane Hathaway on the Environment
Our Great Lakes, rivers and streams define Michigan. They are part of our culture and make us who we are as a people. That's why we need a Supreme Court that will be fair and impartial – not one that will side with big corporations eager to sell our water for profit. We need a Supreme Court that will follow the law, not throw out our state's 30-year environmental protection act to benefit big corporations at our expense. Michigan citizens deserve a Supreme Court Justice who upholds our laws and protects our Great Lakes from corporate polluters and those who would profit from the sale of our water.

Paid for by Judge Diane Marie Hathaway for Supreme Court
18525 Moross, Detroit, MI 48224
info@judgehathawayforsupremecourt.com
TEL: (248) 539-7417

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:03 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: