FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Here we go again

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Barack Hussein Obamas pick for attorney general Eric Holder. I sure am glad all you Baracknuts eased the fears of us second amendment supporters before the election you know the part about how Barack believes in the rights of gun owners and would not trample on the 2nd. Rolling Eyes

While the D.C. v. Heller Supreme Court case was being decided in 2008, Holder joined the Reno-led amicus brief, which urged the Supreme Court to uphold the handgun ban and claimed that the Department of Justice from Franklin Roosevelt through Bill Clinton had always believed that the Second Amendment does not protect any rights of individuals to own guns for personal use.[22] Holder said that overturning the 1976 law "opens the door to more people having more access to guns and putting guns on the streets."[23]

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:29 am 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

First, for a Republican, I'm surprised you don't think that DC has a right to make it's own laws. Talk about big government stepping on local rule? Aren't the Republicans supposed to be for state's rights and local jurisdiction?

Second, I agree with Holder's claims but will not debate the meaning of the 2nd amendment with you here. I will say though that you greatly over emphasize the power of the AG if you believe that he alone can and will take people's guns away.

More fear mongering from the right. And, I think your childish use of President Obama's middle name is just about run it's course.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Really, well whats childish about using his whole name?? Ill bet you found it very humorous when "Dubya" became a popular handle to hang on a president. Lets see antigun prez, antigun attorney general, a bunch of antigun leftists in control of congress, Barack Hussein obama gets to pick one or two Supreme court justices (im sure they will be NRA supporters) and whamo. Hows that for fear mongering? By the way read it again since Baracks pick states he does not believe the 2nd amendment is an individual right sounds to me like hes talking about the whole country not just DC. You guys can try to spin this any way you want but barack is about to appoint an anti gun attorney general in the mold of Janet Reno of Waco fame.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:10 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:
First, for a Republican, I'm surprised you don't think that DC has a right to make it's own laws. Talk about big government stepping on local rule? Aren't the Republicans supposed to be for state's rights and local jurisdiction?

Second, I agree with Holder's claims but will not debate the meaning of the 2nd amendment with you here. I will say though that you greatly over emphasize the power of the AG if you believe that he alone can and will take people's guns away.

Of course they can make their own laws as long as they're legal.

Thw AG may not be able to confiscate them but he could stand by and do nothing while they are confiscated.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Of course they can make their own laws as long as they're legal.

Or don't conflict with the constitution. These anti second amendment clowns who claim cities or states should be able to enact laws prohibiting gun ownership are the same ones who come unglued if a city, municipality or state attempt to restrict that supposed 'right to an abortion" which by the way is no where in the constitution. As far as FStar claims that DC has the right to make its own laws let em try imposing that one and see what he or she has to say. Laughing Or better yet name for us another amendment that DC should have the right to ban or restrict.

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:28 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i salute fstar.......... Wink Cool Wink Cool Wink Cool Wink Cool Wink Cool
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: