FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Only a democrat would question this.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Her is a simple test for all, who would you say this vote is for????

A- Dean Barkley

B- Norm Coleman

C- Al Franken.

If you chose B it proves you are smarter than the average Democrat especially the Al Franken Crowd.

Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 am 
Brian Warner
F L I N T O I D

It looks to me like this person was trying to scribble out Norm Coleman from even being an option. Just kidding twotap. Laughing
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:06 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Where did you get this Two Tap? Is this example meant to represent a larger problem with the recount in Minnesota, or is just another piece of info pulled out of you butt to be taken wildly out of context? From what I've heard, there haven't been any substantiated claims of mischief from either side. What is your source?
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:25 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

My butt Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing By the way if this happened in palm beach county it would have meant 3 votes for Franken.

One challenge headed to the state so far in Plymouth
Posted on November 19th, 2008 – 1:47 PM
By James Shiffer
The bubble beside Norm Coleman’s name appeared to have both an X and a squiggle in it, but the Al Franken campaign wants the state Canvassing Board to rule on whether it should count. That’s the only challenge in the special envelope in Plymouth so far, according to Sandy Engdahl, the city clerk and the official running the city recount.

The Canada geese milling on the grounds and parking lot of Plymouth City Hall were oblivious to the gaggle of election officials and observers inside. The drone of “Franken” and “Coleman” was accompanied by the swishing of paper in Medicine Lake Room A. Early on, Engdahl had to admonish some candidate representatives from trying to tell her counters how to count. Clearly, she said, the recount watchers are “very passionate,” but she has to remind them of everyone’s roles in this civic drama.

Eight of the 24 precincts had been counted by 1:45 p.m., and the only challenged ballot, in Engdahl’s view, was clearly a vote for Coleman. Nevertheless, the Franken campaign was allowed to seek a second opinion.

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/whistleblower/2008/11/19/one-challenge-headed-to-the-state-so-far-in-plymouth/

Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:37 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

Minnesotans are WAY more civil than those crazy Floridians. Lake Wobegon could never exist in the Sunburn State. Only one ballot challenged? That's nothing! If it were Palm County, the Republicons would have sent in a band of rioters to the county building to disrupt the counting.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:13 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They may be civil, but I question their intelligence with so many voting for Al Franken. Then again, they DID elect Jessie Ventura Governor.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

I would have voted for him given the chance. I listened to his show when it was on Air America, and he's pretty smart, and funny.

Here is more info on contested ballots in Minnesota
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I would have voted for him given the chance

Now theirs a revelation. Laughing
Heres funny man in action hes a riot alright.

Link

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

sat⋅ire
   /ˈsætaɪər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Al Franken has been writing comedy for about thirty years. Satire often takes the absurd, the cruel, and the unjust and ridicules it using satire. I bet I could take some of your words spoken over the past thirty years and make you look pretty awful too.

It's a shame Norm Coleman didn't feel he could win re-election by relying on his stances on the issues.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I bet I could take some of your words spoken over the past thirty years and make you look pretty awful too.

Possibly but in case you haven't noticed I'm not running for anything so its immaterial, you on the other hand. Laughing

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:46 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
I bet I could take some of your words spoken over the past thirty years and make you look pretty awful too.

Possibly but in case you haven't noticed I'm not running for anything so its immaterial, you on the other hand. Laughing

I think we should hold those running to the same standards, and I believe a lot of other people do too. I'm not the only one who has suggested that one of the reason so many independents moved away from McCain this year was because of his ads, where he took Barack's words and actions out of context in order to distort their actual meanings. More people are becoming hip to this tactic, and don't like it when they see it.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:53 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Speaking of taking words out of context, what happened to "CHANGE"? looks like most of Obama's appointments so far are the old Clinton b unch.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Brian Warner
F L I N T O I D

Go with what works, I say. That is certainly a change from the past eight.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

and joe the plumber..........how feeble Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

palin's destructive attitude........it was all embarrassingly idiotic, thats why
independants left the krispy kreme party.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:03 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: