FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 'Constitutional crisis' looming over Obama's birth location?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The California secretary of state should refuse to allow the state's 55 Electoral College votes to be cast in the 2008 presidential election until President-elect Barack Obama
verifies his eligibility to hold the office, alleges a California court petition filed on behalf of former presidential candidate Alan Keyes and others.

The legal action today is just the latest is a series of challenges, some of which have gone as high as the U.S. Supreme Court, over the issue of Obama's status as a "natural-born citizen," a requirement set by the U.S. Constitution.

WND senior reporter Jerome Corsi even traveled to Kenya and Hawaii prior to the election to investigate issues surrounding Obama's birth. But his research and discoveries only raised more questions.

The biggest question is why Obama, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists, simply hasn't ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=80931

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

The biggest question is why Obama, if a Hawaii birth certificate exists, simply hasn't ordered it made available to settle the rumors.

Oh hell, not you too Steve.

Simple answer: HE HAS.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

That's not the original Kevin. I guess the blame falls on Hawaii for not issuing copies and perhaps Obama's mother for not saving the original.

"HAWAII NO LONGER ISSUES COPIES OF ACTUAL BIRTH CERTIFICATES. WHAT THEY ISSUE IS THIS COMPUTER-GENERATED CERTIFICATION OF LIVE BIRTH THAT IS PRINTED ON GREEN PAPER USING A LASER PRINTER.

link

I'm not sure it really mattters though because it's not like we follow the constitution anyways.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:42 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

That's a cool document....he's a Leo.....he doesn't look like a Leo. Wink
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:57 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If he loses that one we can whip him up another. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Link

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:23 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
That's not the original Kevin. I guess the blame falls on Hawaii for not issuing copies and perhaps Obama's mother for not saving the original.

That is irrelevant. Most people, if they have a copy of their birth certificates, have a copy. I, for one, just found out that my 41 year-old copy has fallen apart, so I'll need to get another copy if I want to drive to Canada.

Its not like you get to have one made to order. You go to the state, give them ID, and they print a copy of the certificate, complete with the information they got from the hospital when the birth took place.

This is just like nearly every other web-generated rumor spread about Barack Obama over the past two years. Nothing but BUNK!
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:32 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Do you have a certificate of live birth Kevin? Originals are signed and have raised seals. Real copies have signatures on them of people like the doctor. Apparently Hawaii is not like Michigan were they give you a copy of the original. Worldnet daily although sometimes out there does have a plausible explanation. "WND was told the official reason for denial of access to Obama's birth certificate would be authority granted pursuant to Section 338-18 of the Hawaii Revised Statutes, a provision the anonymous source claimed was designed to prevent identity theft. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79174

Where the controversy comes in is some people are claiming the original document that the hospital has may just be "a registration of birth that may have been filed subsequent to the birth."
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:17 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Adam if this is such a "real" issue why isn't the Grand Ole Party putting this on the front burner? I heard that Obama and Hawaii officials confirmed his birth.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:

Where the controversy comes in is some people are claiming the original document that the hospital has may just be "a registration of birth that may have been filed subsequent to the birth."

THERE IS NO CONTROVERSY.

The only controversy is in your mind, and the imaginations of other conspiracy theorists who read the likes of World Net Daily.

Nobody but the most lunatic fringes of your party (Keyes, for example) think that there is a story here.

Consider all of those who have not felt this is a story:

Nobody in Hawaii who is familiar with their birth certificates thinks this is a fake.
Nobody who has ever process a petition of Barack Obama's to get on a ballot has brought up this as an issue.
Nobody in the Republican Party, not even John McCain or Sarah Palin, thinks this is a real issue.
Nobody in the INS has ever thought this was an issue.

...I could go on, but I will never change the mind of Adam Ford.

This is a typical conspiracy theory. Of course, to the conspiracy theorists, the failure of the media and government to stop everything and talk about your little theory is nothing more than proof that they too are part of a cover-up, rather than a more-than-subtle clue that there theory is COMPLETELY FALSE.

It is lunacy, plain and simple. It is stupid, stupid, STOOOOOPID!
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:02 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha typical republican doublespeak confusion...these folks are
simple clowns Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ha ha ha...andi a leo eh...i thiught so by your manner... Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:49 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Nah, August 4th is an eerie date for me. Gramps b-day, mom's b-day, grandparents anniversary and date we buried grandma.....

I am a Pisces...Smile
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

It's not much of an issue. Even if he wasn't born in America I think that it would be hard to prove. I personally would like to see his original certificate though but that's just me personally. Kevin was posting a non original copy though like it was the real deal and I just had to clarify that and I want people to at least understand what the claims being made are. I don't dispute this is a Hawaii authorized proof of a birth certificate but it is NOT a photocopy of the original which is what I would like to see.
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:23 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

whatever you are andi, i like your calm demeanor. Wink

so,adam, when you gonna post YOUR official birth record.. i think
that you, as a budding politician owe that to the public, right??
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:48 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

If this was Hollywood or Beverly Hills I would have a "calmer demeanor" and wouldn't need to be involved with politics as much.

In case you haven't noticed I'm not running for president.

Denied

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:24 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

oh come on...go for it!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:38 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: