FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: If you dont have a clue order the corned beef.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Can you imagine a reporter asking lets say Sarah Palin what she thought about the auto bail out and her response "Ill have a mooseburger" But what the hell Barack is only gonna be the leader of the free world why should he have to respond.

Clinton AP CHICAGO – President-elect Barack Obama grabbed his lunch to go Friday and artfully dodged a question about the auto industry woes he'll inherit.

"We got the corned beef," Obama said as he made his way around the counter at Manny's deli. Asked by a reporter what he thought about the auto industry, he responded with a smile: "I got the corned beef."

Congress has been debating whether to provide billions in financial help to the Big Three automakers, who are warning about economic disaster if they go under.

Manny's is a popular hangout and campaign stop for Chicago politicians. Mayor Richard Daley stops by on occasion.

"Rahm Emanuel sends his regards," Obama told deli workers, referring to his chief of staff. "I ordered him his corned beef."

Longtime friend Valerie Jarrett, who has been named a White House senior adviser, accompanied Obama on his lunch outing.

The two ordered three sandwiches and some cherry pie. Obama also talked to the owner and signed a picture for him.

"I've aged a little bit," the president-elect said, as he handed back the photograph.

Weaving through tables, Obama shook hands and greeted patrons. Customers got up from their tables to congratulate him, give him a hug and take pictures of him with their cell phones.

"I love you back," he told one customer.

"Good to see you," Obama told another. "I'm doing great."

Obama has mostly been out of public view since meeting with campaign rival John McCain on Monday. He's held private meetings at his Chicago transition office for much of the week.

Earlier Friday, he exercised at a gym.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081121/ap_on_el_pr/obama_1
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:01 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

This merits the same response to all of the other "controversies" you've brought here since the beginning of the transistion...

"......SO????"

Gee, Two Tap, is this the only time the President-elect has been asked about the auto industry? Is this the only response he has given to this problem? I seem to recall a press conference he gave last week. Why is it that the only quote you're giving of him answering a question on this topic was when he was ordering lunch?

Could it be that you are, once again, taking a small matter out of context to make it appear bigger than it is?
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:36 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup nice try KEVIN but you and I both know any such response from any one other than the "chosen one" would have been met with "what an idiot" by the lib press and yourself. Sorry but your boy is now fair game and its just getting better. Laughing Actually you really have to wonder why anyone would give a rats ass or believe it to be newsworthy what he had for lunch. Laughing
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:53 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha i'm sure any president elect is going to divulge anything at a
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing sandwich shop... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya, your probably right since one day he says they need a bailout and the next that he has a plan for their bankruptcy. Confused
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:23 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ya, your probably right since one day he says they need a bailout and the next that he has a plan for their bankruptcy. Confused

There you go pulling stuff out of your butt again. How about citing some examples?
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im getting tired of giving you facts on your boy that you should already know. Do the research its out there. Rolling Eyes

Oh hell here. You need to start paying more attention to what your boy is up to.
Laughing
http://www.poligazette.com/2008/11/08/obama-to-bail-out-auto-industry/

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Obama_team_considering_bankruptcy_plan_for_1121.html

So whats it gonna be???
Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:43 pm 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

....and I am tired of explaining to you the difference between a news source and a blog providing commentary.

Try again.
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:00 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

From the Associated Press: Obama low key but active in auto rescue talks

quote:
In public as president-elect, Obama has addressed the auto industry crisis only three times — in his postelection news conference, a taped radio address last Saturday and an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes." Obama and his team have repeatedly asserted that during the transition, President George W. Bush remains the chief executive and that Obama does not want to intrude on his authority
In his first postelection comments about the auto bailout, Obama advanced a proposal to accelerate a $25 billion loan that Congress had authorized for automakers to retool and manufacture more energy-efficient cars.

"I would like to see the administration do everything it can to accelerate the retooling assistance that Congress has already enacted," Obama said in his Nov. 7 news conference in Chicago.

The Bush administration then urged Congress to change the terms of the loan so the automakers could use it to cover operational costs. Democrats in Congress, however, balked at the idea, arguing it would undercut a major environmental effort.

Instead, Democrats called for the auto loan to be tapped from the $700 billion set aside to bail out financial institutions, a step the White House and congressional Republicans opposed.

After that, Obama limited his public comments to broad calls for assistance to the ailing industry. His most detailed remarks came during a "60 Minutes" interview that aired Sunday.

"For the auto industry to completely collapse would be a disaster in this kind of environment, not just for individual families but the repercussions across the economy would be dire," he said. "So it's my belief that we need to provide assistance to the auto industry. But I think that it can't be a blank check."

Significantly, Obama did seem to play down one idea circulating among Republicans and some Democrats: Requiring that any government assistance to any of the Big Three automakers be conditioned on the company's going through an accelerated Chapter 11 bankruptcy procedure. Among those expressing interest in that step was Dodd, the Banking Committee chairman.

Senate Democratic aides described a process called a "prepackaged bankruptcy," whereby a company would work out a reorganization plan with creditors, shareholders, labor unions and other stakeholders before filing for Chapter 11. The goal would be to not only restructure the company but also keep the time spent in Chapter 11 to a minimum.

"Banks aren't lending as it is," Obama said in the television interview. "They're not even lending to businesses that are doing well, much less businesses that are doing poorly. And in that circumstance, the usual options may not be available."

Advocates of the idea, however, say the government could help by either providing the necessary financing directly or guaranteeing loans to the auto industry.

President-elect Obama has only spoken on the matter publicly for three times, stating that there can only be one president at a time. During those statements, he has been pretty consistent.

The talk of bankrupcy has come from "Democratic aids", not Obama.

quote:
Two Twit schreef:
Do the research its out there. Rolling Eyes

Not all research is equal. I've said it a million times, you can find anything you want on the web, but just because you find it doesn't mean it's true.
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

...besides, which is it? You started out this thread complaining that the President-elect doesn't have a plan for the auto industry. When I call you out on the fallacies of your argument, and of the article you posted, you shift gears, and state that he has several contradictory plans.

You do this often, shifting your argument as I dismantle it.

When are you going to learn you can't always believe what you read? You have to take the source, and their writing style (is it a news report or commentary) into consideration.
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:25 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
When are you going to learn you can't always believe what you read?

After 8 years of the most outrageous crap being posted as fact about Bush Cheney as well as movies being made you can bet your ass that anything that sounds remotely interesting about the "chosen one" is gonna be brought up and posted. Get over it its your turn in the barrel. By the way check out my latest thread. Laughing
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:37 am 
Kevin McKague
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

After 8 years of the most outrageous crap being posted as fact about Bush Cheney as well as movies being made you can bet your ass that anything that sounds remotely interesting about the "chosen one" is gonna be brought up and posted. Get over it its your turn in the barrel.

So you admit it then; You'll copy anything you find, regardless of whether or not it is true?
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:55 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
So you admit it then; You'll copy anything you find, regardless of whether or not it is true?

I plead the 5th Laughing
Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:03 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: