FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Genesee Health Plan = Another unfair tax!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Voters will be asked to establish a countywide 1-mill property tax to pay for health care for uninsured, low-income residents

The owner a $150,000 house would pay an additional $75 a year for the new tax.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1161613280216410.xml&coll=5

I paid enough bull crap tax already!!

I live here by choice and to tell you the truth I am think of moving!
I can do what I do here anywhere in the world as long as I have Internet access.

I would be willing to bet more people who have made the right choices in life like myself are thinking the same thing.

Post Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
hardworker

steve thinking like yours is whats wrong with flint
Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:28 pm 
John

WE ARE TAXED TOO MUCH IN GENESEE COUNTY!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe you are what is wrong with Flint!

Why should a home owner be penalized for owning a home??

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
larry

another touchy subject !! i think just me here , that most of the people who vote to keep that . well they will live in the city limits .Its to bad that the county residents are obviously going to have to kick in more then the city people per person .it really is . but lets face it that's the population base. I've been every where like most people who use this site .this town FLINT is the only place where a car is more valuable then a home . gms gone delphi is drowning the more i go over council meetings in the videos the more i wonder why i stay. i too can leave . BUT GEEZZE if the last of the people who are here that can do
something to help give up and quit whats that say about who we really are .
it says we are not the sons and daughters men and women who led the country but spoiled brats that have a sense of entitlement thats not earned
AAHHH looking back at what i wrote its a dubble edge sword i dont know
this place takes the wind out of my sail too. money money money theres got to be more to life than that good topic
Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:32 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I'm voting for this. If you actually do the research you would find that national healthcare is actually cheaper than private health care. There's only some "public" things I support but public health care is one of them.

On another note we seriously need to make some tax cuts in Flint. We are almost at the maximum taxation level allowed by the state. We also need to make cuts at the state and federal level as well.
Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:32 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good for you Adam, most likely you will not be effected.

Maybe you should put a (D) at the end of you name??

Post Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:46 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: