FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Terry bankert - change your specialty

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Terry, if GM goes under there'll be a huge need for bankruptcy lawyers - time to think about changing your specialty. There'll be thousands filing.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Our family just may be his first client......We can sell our house down here and I can supplement our income by ice fishing up north and live in our RV....always have a plan b.....got a bucket I could sit on? Smile
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:44 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Dang! I should have saved all my ice fishing stuff. I've been thinking too much about squirrel & opossum recipes. There's skunks too, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Boy, I can't wait for my husband to lose his job so I can live in the UP in the middle of winter in a 29 foot trailer and have my kids snow shoe to the bus stop while wearing BIG kahuna whistles to scare the bears away with. And see the three people that live up there, you know they live right down the street and are looney has h*ll.....

While they are at school...I will merrily do the laundry on my washboard, just like last summer and hang the clothes on my line and have them be as soft as cardboard when I take them off of the line....mmmm....just love the smell of freshly frozen clothes right off of the line...reminds me of grandma's house when I would visit...froze my arse off at night..now I know why.

Will you write please?! Let me know of what's going on since my T-Mobile phone only works when I stand on the roof, yes, just like Green Acres......

I cannot wait to be a nanuck of the North!!! Wink
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

arrrrghhhh!!!! think i'll settle for being the old grouchy guy in the south american forest.....yea...thats it!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:59 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Terry, if GM goes under there'll be a huge need for bankruptcy lawyers - time to think about changing your specialty. There'll be thousands filing.
He'd be competing with out-of-town lawyers who have already set up shop several days a week here in Flint to see bankruptcy clients. Bankruptcy Court's a busy place already.
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:00 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
arrrrghhhh!!!! think i'll settle for being the old grouchy guy in the south american forest.....yea...thats it!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have heard from my friend that Argentina is lovely this time of year. Smile
Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:03 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

GOOD MORNING FLINT!
bY Terry Bankert
12/12/08

On Flint Talk a thread was started suggesting that with our national economic problems I should switch to Bankruptcy.
http://www.flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=39148#39148

I decline but here are my thoughts.

Thank You for the opportunity to talk about my specialty , family law.

I only practice in this area except for probate/guardianship to get grandparents custody. For Family Law questions call me at 235-1970 there will be no charge to you for the first office visit. This blatent advertising is brought to you because there is hardship in the legal community also. In my specialty it seems there is an in- migration of attorneys that in the past practiced family law then moved on to the big money. They are back chasing an overall reduction in the client base. People are leaving.

I do not practice bankruptcy, but I used to and have several atty I refer to . Some of my older advertising still carries it.

My thoughts.
1.Its only fraud if you move assets around just before you file for bankruptcy. I do not recall the look back, 6 months comes to minds.

2.Every body should cut the discretionary spending. Drunks should get sober.

3.If there is no value in your
home do not be attached to it. Down size if you have too.

4.The economt is tearing families apart. My observation is that "The Grass is not greener n the other side". Families can part, married couples can have orders for custody, child support and parenting time" without divorcing. Mom can move in with family dad can leave the state for work.

5.What does a good parent pay in child support? It is a formular based upon number of children, overnighs of the parents with the children and gross/net incomes. The state of michigan through the legislature and Supreme Court has said that this formua is what is fair. If you lose your job have your child support order reviewed immediately. File a motion. It could go up or down. If a Working Mom with kids loses her job her child support could go up. If the Dad loses his job his child support could go down. The State of Michigan has non reroactive modification of child support. Your child support is non changed any farther back than when you file a motion not when you actually lost your job.

My plan is to learn everything I can about free servcie for families in economic distress, Possibly a thread on this board could be just to give information to those in need....Steve?

I will talk about this topic on my radio show 9 am WFLT 1420 AM today.
It is a call in show 239-5733.

I will be at The Genesee County Democratic Party Convention today. I plan to photo blog.

TERRY

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:55 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Couple of things:

.****The economt is tearing families apart. *****

The economy isn't tearing families apart....The families that cannot handle the pressure are making bad decisions and/or it's the straw the broke the proverbial camel's back.

*****Mom can move in with family dad can leave the state for work.*****

Been there done that...doesn't actually tear families apart....h*ll I remember mom and dad practically mauling each other with love....ahem...when we moved back to Michigan....my brother and I played a lot of Atari and watched a lot of shows alone in the living room that winter, while mom and dad were mysteriously absent. Smile

****My plan is to learn everything I can about free servcie for families in economic distress, Possibly a thread on this board could be just to give information to those in need....Steve?*****

WOW that's all I did yesterday was drive around Flint looking for resources for people......
Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
.****The economt is tearing families apart. *****

I would say that some shaky familys are using the economy as a reason to tear apart. A really strong family will come together in tough times much like Andi stated. Apparently you never watched the Waltons on TV. Oh ya one more thing if I hear one more bleeding heart tell us that a high crime rate is a direct result of tough times im gonna throw something thru the TV.

(Well maybe not since its a new HD, but I will definelty throw a few choice expletives in its direction) Laughing

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:46 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Better not watch the Lions tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:40 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not to worry couldnt care less. Very Happy

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: