FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Movie warning
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I had certainly planned on renting the movie Marley and Me since it had one of my favorite actress Jennifer Aniston. Razz Very Happy and looked like a good time to be had. I just got off another forum I contribute to which is full of ex Green berets, special Forces types marine recons and law enforcement people. About a dozen of these 'Bad asses " have seen the movie and they all agreed it has the saddest ending of any movie they have ever viewed. One rather large fellow said he exited the theatre with puffy eyes and snotty nose after staying till the end. I believe I have a pretty good hint as to what happens to Marley the dog and am pretty sure I will be avoiding what I figured was a fun filled flick. Crying or Very sad Thought I would pass this on.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:05 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Come on twotap go see the movie!

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Go see a movie aint in twotaps world not when I can rent it and watch it in my own home theatre. Laughing One I will be renting for sure is this one.

Link

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:43 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I wanted to see that Gran Torino, but after seeing the trailer, I am even more excited!
Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Clint makes kickass movies well except for that stupid bridge one. Laughing

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:13 pm 
torgohugo
F L I N T O I D

Well I just used my Amzaon.com gift certificate I received for Christmas and ordered DVD copies of “The Good the Bad and the Ugly” (Eastwood of course is awesome, but Lee Van Cleef rocks); “A Few dollars more” and “A Fistful of dollars” oh- they don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:24 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

The two people that I thought that wouldn't like Clint Eastwood...do..hmm. Wink Smile

Torgo....I thought that you dropped off the face of the earth!! How is my other friend!!? Wink
Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:41 pm 
torgohugo
F L I N T O I D

It isn’t even so much adulation for Eastwood as much as my love for the Spaghetti Western genre (although I did like the Flags/Letters tandem, Mystic River et al) - and then there was your reference to the “ping” sound from GBU…

Anyway- Sergio Leone films set well in nerd cinema school along with Kurosawa and Lucas flicks (the latter ripping off the two formers for his Star Wars franchise). And funny, when I used to wear a black suit at my former job people would always call me Johnny Cash, I’d let them in on my wardrobe homage to Lee Van Cleef, finding most of my associates oblivious to this rogue.

Well since libations at The Red Baron I’ve been kicking around, catching up on my reading. Our friend is recovering from surgery and will be ready to take on the New Year happy and healthy.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Excellent choices to spend those amazon dollars on. Very Happy Another of sergio's great movies, "Once upon a time in America" In my humble opinion one of the best ever made if you havent seen you must. By the way one of the best music scores ever.

Link

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****Well since libations at The Red Baron I’ve been kicking around, catching up on my reading. Our friend is recovering from surgery and will be ready to take on the New Year happy and healthy.*****

OH Sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot about that!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give my friend a get well hug......<hanging head in shame>.....my cell phone is not working right in the middle of transferring the phone number to a new service provider....the Jeopardy theme song is eternally playing with this debacle!!!!

Have a great New Year!!!!
Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:10 pm 
torgohugo
F L I N T O I D

Andi- you’re absolved

TT- I need to see Once upon a time in America, after all, it has Monday, Monday, can’t trust that day- but Tuesday Weld, hey, hey…

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:59 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I believe the last time I watched OUATIA it took about 4 hours but its time well spent. Yup Tuesday Weld is playing a different game of sun, sand and "wieners" in this one.

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Torgohuge if you have any money left on your gift card don't forget to check out Michael Moores latest "Sicko"

http://www.amazon.com/Sicko-Special-Michael-Moore/dp/B000UNYJXQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230754056&sr=8-1

We have to support our own flint grown!

quote:
torgohugo schreef:
Well I just used my Amzaon.com gift certificate I received for Christmas and ordered DVD copies of “The Good the Bad and the Ugly” (Eastwood of course is awesome, but Lee Van Cleef rocks); “A Few dollars more” and “A Fistful of dollars” oh- they don’t make ‘em like this anymore.

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Torgohuge if you have any money left on your gift card don't forget to check out Michael Moores latest "Sicko"

http://www.amazon.com/Sicko-Special-Michael-Moore/dp/B000UNYJXQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230754056&sr=8-1

We have to support our own flint grown!

quote:
torgohugo schreef:

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:08 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Hey TorgoHugo if you have any money left on your Amazon card you should buy Michael Moore's latest hit "Sicko", its even on sale now.

We need to support our own home grown!

quote:
torgohugo schreef:

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:10 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: