FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Chase Bank & Your 700 Billion Dollar Bailout

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flintite
F L I N T O I D

After a hard day's work I opened my mailbox to find a letter from Chase with the the words "IMPORTANT CHANGE IN TERMS NOTICE ENCLOSED - PLEASE READ"

The letter reads:

"We are sending this notice to let you know that we will be making some changes to your credit card account in response to market conditions and to maintain profitability on your account. These changes will be effective with your March 2009 Statement."

WTF.... I pay my bills! I pay my bills on time! I have fantastic credit.... so why is this happening to me? Is it happening to you to? Check your mailbox. Read your mail- it probably is.

The customer "service" representative was of no help. In fact she was quite the opposite, a customer obstacle. She was rude and trying her hardest to get me to give up and hang up. She would not forward my call to a manger until I uttered the words "I am contacting my State Representative and Senators." The alleged manager did nothing for me, so I am going to do for myself. I am carrying out on my stated intent of contacting my representatives. I am warning friends and family. And if all else fails you can meet me with pitch-fork and flaming club at the ivory gates of Chase.

Signed,

On the Hook for $700 Billion
Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:51 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yupp it happened to me now twice, rate jacked up to 29.9%, with no late pays. In fact my credit score is 790's and low 800's.. HOW? I called in and asked about it and they said " We are making adjustments to all our agreements and its nothing that you did, just a change in policy!" WTF I say.

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

thats why i cut my credit crd in half 3 years ago...debit baby!! Laughing Laughing
Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:45 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

What "changes" is Chase making to credit card account? Interest rate?

Check credit card interest rates at your local credit union and if you don't belong, join one and pay off the Chase account. Credit union staff is local, personal, and very helpful.
Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:37 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: