FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Moving out of Flint

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

My nephew and his girlfriend are moving out of Flint and near me here in Florida. This young couple just cannot make it work in the Flint area. Already he has landed a job with a cable company offering health insurance, 401 K, and quarterly bonus. Rate of pay is a little over 10 bucks but within a year can be salaried in the low 30's. They are very excited.
Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:31 am 
Dick

FLINT SUCKS~
Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

What city are you in? Some of my freinds moved down to the Tampa Bay area few months ago. They say there are a lot of jobs down there. Yesterday I was talking to someone in Houston and I guess there are a lot of jobs there as well. Most young people I know seem to be moving out of state.
Post Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:18 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I live in New Smyrna Beach which is 10 miles south of Daytona. There is work here too but, primarily service jobs no real industry.
Post Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:09 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Most young people I know seem to be moving out of state.

Its very sad that this is happening, but our state lacks Cities that young people want to live in. I think Flint can become a place where people want to go to, travel to, live in, and work.

We just need to take all these creative, positive thinking people and put them in a room together. Brainstorm and start a creative alliance. Many people are already doing this, but more people doing it, only enhances the effect.

We also need to stop tearing each other apart, and start working together towards the common goal " A Better Flint Michigan".
Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Its very sad that this is happening, but our state lacks Cities that young people want to live in. I think Flint can become a place where people want to go to, travel to, live in, and work.

Ok how about some suggestions on how it can be accomplished? It's nothing but Hot air without some ideas.

quote:
We just need to take all these creative, positive thinking people and put them in a room together. Brainstorm and start a creative alliance. Many people are already doing this, but more people doing it, only enhances the effect.

Where have you been. That's been done so many times I've lost count.

quote:
We also need to stop tearing each other apart, and start working together towards the common goal " A Better Flint Michigan".

What we need is some real leadership, real vision and some integrity in the elected offices. We need officials that want Flint to succeed for the People! Not for the betterment of thier own ego or pocketbook! We need Safe Streets, we need good education. We get just the last two and the jobs will return.
Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Exactly what I am saying..
Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, forgive me. TACT has never been my storng point! But, you have come across to me as just spouting off nonsense without a having a plan to present. The idea is good! However, you refuse to answer the questions! Those questions need to be answered. How do turn these negatives into positives!?! a Mayor who abuses his power over the police department. Causing crime to rise in Flint. Flint is probably the only place in the Nation that FINES citizens for getting their cars stolen! No other municipality in genesse county does that! Why only FLint? We have the worst education system possibly in the state and we seem to keep kicking ourselves while we are down. We don't need anyone else to point it out! We know it!

I believe sometimes what sounds to be a silly idea can become something great, by mistake. But, without logicial thought being put behind it. It remains just a silly idea!

We had a saying in the USMC. If you find a problem, you'd better have a solution. Without a solution, there is no problem!

You have an idea. However, it seems obvious that you haven't put any thought into how to accomplish it! let's figure something out!
Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
pissedlivinginflint

well i have lived in flint around 15 years drive 80 miles a day to and from work, so i can make my 38 k a year .but what gets me so excited is that i a year my first time home buyer aggreament will be over and i will sell my house fore whatever is left on the loan. pack up all my junk and leave flint . i will miss all flint has to off er and see like the cumm stained walls of the strip club and bulding wall on dort and n saginaw , the drug sale and murders ,the cops that could cair less what happens to folks as long as they get payed. and a government that is more interested in puting money in there bank than helping the people in flint. i know people want to know how to fix flint , and all i can say is it cant be fixed , thats why i want to leave. so to every one in flint .i hope you all live as long as you want ,and never want for as long as you live.
Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:24 pm 
mj

Add me and 3 other families from my child's Kindergarten class to those leaving this area. We finally sold our 2 year old house for what we owed on our mortgage and we are outa here. Half price sale! Ba-bye equity from the last 2 homes we owned. We are not in Flint, but near enough that we felt the effects of the automotive greed reduction wave. Good luck all! Hoping gas stays low so my kids can visit their friends once in a while.
Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:35 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

My Mom and sister still live in Flint and my sister purchased a bunch of homes (14) at rock bottom prices. She thought she could rent them out and at least make a little money while providing a service for lower income people. So much for that idea. She finally had to walk away from her homes due to lack of payment, threats from tenants, locals stealing the siding and anything copper in the house, and actually stealing a new furnace before it could be installed.
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:43 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"We had a saying in the USMC. If you find a problem, you'd better have a solution. Without a solution, there is no problem! "

Now THAT may qualify as the most non-sensical thing I've read on these boards.

Without a solution, there is no problem?

Stick your head in the sand mentality.

A comet is hurtling towards earth...
US president to his advisors...."What is the solution?
"We're working on it Mr President...we don't know right know"

"Oh..then, there is no problem since you have no solution.....carry on, go work on something else then"

Your "quote" implies no one should raise a "problem" unless THEY'VE idnetified a solution. Guess what...other people may be better suited to develop a better solution...so its better to get as many people as possible alerted to a situation so it can be identified and properly defined so that the "best fit" solution is developed. To say that one should not raise an alarm because they don't have the solution in hand...well we'd all still be speaking the King's English then...and Paul Revere wouldn't have bothered.
It was someone ELSE that mustered the colonials at Lexington and Concord, not Paul. He just "found" the problem.

geez.....

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:29 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I read it but cannot understand it. Are you sure you are responding to the correct thread.
Richard
Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:59 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
I read it but cannot understand it. Are you sure you are responding to the correct thread.
Richard

yeah. read ted's post above; 3rd paragraph. he introduced the quote.

i now understand why the Army always has to go in and rescue the Marines!

lol [kidding TJ]

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:23 am 
pissedoffmamabear

Ryan , you know who I am, and I know who you are, I hope you are packing a big pistol, I would be afraid to sleep in Flint,,,,the way it is going, but you just keep listing those homes in Flint, sooner or later, someone will pay a penny for them,,,awwwwww,,,not much commission on a penny though is thier,,,your views Suck,,,,the Judges and the police , and the Mayor and the city council all need to be held accountable for all the drug offenses and murders that go unsolved, and all the drug dealers that get let back out on the streets, we need a BIGGER JAIL TO HOUSE THESE ASSHOLES IN, AND NEVER LET THEM OUT,,,THATS MY IDEA TO THE PROBLEMS IN FLINT,,,A BIGGER JAIL AND THE DEATH PENALTY FOR VIOLENT MURDERS
Post Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:39 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: