FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why doesn't Flint hire lobbyists?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I think we should hire lobbyists and get some money for schools, historic preservation, baseball park downtown, new convention center.

Some other projects getting funding:
The projects run the gamut: a Metrolink station that needs building in Placentia, Calif.; a stretch of beach in Sandy Hook, N.J., that could really use some more sand; a water park in Miami.
There are thousands of projects like those that once would have been gotten money upfront but now are left to scramble for dollars at the back end of the process as "ready to go" jobs eligible for the stimulus plan.

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

ryan. you run, i'll help. Cool Cool
Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Back Again I am not for PORK spending, but what the hell if everyone else is gonna get it, lets get some for us too.

quote:
back again schreef:
ryan. you run, i'll help. Cool Cool

Post Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, I agree. I know a great federal lobbyist with Genesee County ties. Email me at fstarzyk@netzero.net to discuss.
Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:35 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***Ryan, I agree. ****

Why in the hades would anyone want to give Flint federal funds knowing that the people in charge are totally inept.

Monies given to churches, money spent on a dragstrip without council consent, a mayor that appointed a Chief that is under Fed indictment, appointing people to jobs that are not qualified, spending out of control, the Mayor spending monies at his "wife's" businesses, compromising the safety of citizens......Would anyone trust Williamson with federal dollars? NOPE

Give the monies to jurisdictions that prove they're responsible with monies, then it will give the ineptly run jurisdictions a kick in the arse to get straightened up....
Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:34 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I see your point Andi and wanna say this is PORK spending, they don't care about what you do with it, bridges to no where, water slides, mud pie contests, musuems etc.

So lets get in on it

quote:
andi03 schreef:
***Ryan, I agree. ****

Why in the hades would anyone want to give Flint federal funds knowing that the people in charge are totally inept.

Monies given to churches, money spent on a dragstrip without council consent, a mayor that appointed a Chief that is under Fed indictment, appointing people to jobs that are not qualified, spending out of control, the Mayor spending monies at his "wife's" businesses, compromising the safety of citizens......Would anyone trust Williamson with federal dollars? NOPE

Give the monies to jurisdictions that prove they're responsible with monies, then it will give the ineptly run jurisdictions a kick in the arse to get straightened up....

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:32 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***I see your point Andi and wanna say this is PORK spending, they don't care about what you do with it, bridges to no where, water slides, mud pie contests, musuems etc.*****

So go ahead and build a bunch of crap that doesn't mean anything and let people suffer because they have no money, no insurance, no job and no food and can't afford to pay their heating bill....priceless. What about a hand up and not a hand out?
Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

***I see your point Andi and wanna say this is PORK spending, they don't care about what you do with it, bridges to no where, water slides, mud pie contests, musuems etc.***** So lets get in on it

There you have it the Obama fix the economy plan. Hold out your hand the "chosen one" will fill it with tax dollars. Holy Crap are we in a mess.

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:04 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

No No No No No No nOooo Andi, I am not saying build crap, no water slides, no bridges to no where, no money for a celebration for peez. I am talking about schools, roads, bridges to places, demolitions, renovations, historic preservation etc.

quote:
andi03 schreef:
***I see your point Andi and wanna say this is PORK spending, they don't care about what you do with it, bridges to no where, water slides, mud pie contests, musuems etc.*****

So go ahead and build a bunch of crap that doesn't mean anything and let people suffer because they have no money, no insurance, no job and no food and can't afford to pay their heating bill....priceless. What about a hand up and not a hand out?

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:13 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Sorry Ryan this whole thing is p*ssing me off. Mad

Yes, TT we're in a mess.
Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: