FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Chief Richard Dicks is on paid administrative leave.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Chief Richard Dicks faces felony theft charges. The Mayor however is going to pay him $94,000 a year. The Mayor has fired other officers for misdemeanors they were proven innocent on. Why is there a double standard? Should a Chief not be held to a higher standard? Now the city is paying the wages for two Chiefs and two Deputy Chiefs. With the budget crisis in Flint, don't you think the Mayor should try to save money? How many laid off officers could there salaries bring back? This is just another example of the Mayor helping his personal friends no matter what it costs the taxpayers.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/01/flint_police_department_launch.html

Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:51 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I am confused....there are two DC Johnsonsessess? The word interim seems to be thrown around a lot...isn't anything permanent? Rhetorical.
Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:02 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

hoooo booooy
Post Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

There is Deputy Chief Connie Johnson and Deputy Chief Timothy Johnson. The rumor is that the Mayor wants to demote all Capt and Lts down to SGT. He then wants to appoint two more Deputy Chief's. I thought this was a rumor until TJ Johnson took the job. On Friday the Mayor requested a meeting with all of the Union Heads. I wonder what thats going to be about. I hope it isn't the rumor coming true. We will see.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:24 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the update.Smile I quit posting on mlive...

I kid you not...I wonder what in the hades Don is thinkin'. Police Departments are supposed to be run in a militaristic style. How can anything be run IN a militaristic style if everyone is "out of step" for the last two plus years? Rhetorical.

Yet at the same time the officers are being toyed with, they are working to provide an income to their families. How can you be an effective officer when Don is toying with the whole department and you don't know if you are going to be demoted and or out of a job in a matter of months? If officers had a stable work environment, meaning, bosses not changing every other week....oh forget it...it's useless.

It's amazing what the rank and file are putting up with.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:35 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Andi,

I agree with you 100%, all I got to say is Feb 24th. Why did you stop posting on MLIVE?

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:55 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

A poster was less than civil when I posted an opinion that "he" didn't like...sigh. I thought that I was clear and concise and that my tone wasn't demonstrative....Oh well. Smile
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:16 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Don't let one bad apple stop you from expressing your opinion.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:27 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ah, it was a good call anyway. Usually in the winter I have a habit of spending too much time on the internet anyway. Razz

Whaddya think about the "Riddle" thing in Detroit with the Synagro debacle?
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

I find it funny how everyone around the Mayor is getting arrested. I think its only a matter of time before it's connected to the Mayor. It doesn't sound like that he is going to plead the fifth. I think he'll give the feds a little information regarding the Mayor to help his case.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I think Career Alliance was just the key to open the door. The feds are after something much bigger. They will pull them in, one by one, and somebody is not gonna want to go to prison. Once the skeletons start coming out of the closet you better hang on. This could get interesting!
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Bossman,

Do you get the impression that the Feds want Williamson? I think it funny on how they are digging up dirt on everyone around him. It's sounds they know something just can't prove it without testimony. Thats my dream anyways.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:30 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I think your dreaming the right kind of dreams. If they keep squeezing pimples, one of them is gonna pop. Then it will be game on.
Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:04 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Hopefully its a big one. I just watched the Mayor's disposition on youtube regarding the paperboy incident......almost fell off my chair laughing. I think this opening statement sums up why the Mayor is always changing the Police Department. He thinks that he is a cop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrc2FbIco9Y&feature=PlayList&p=1218906C2B276CC8&index=15

I wasn't aware that the Mayor new all of the laws that people could be arrested for. I guess he attended Law School or the Police Academy in prison.

Post Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:56 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Andi I was present when that mlive punk was disrespectful to you, I wish you would have kicked his whiny ass. Twisted Evil Anyhow is this the most irritating avatar in history.??

Post Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: