FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sheesh...another open letter

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Open Letter to Mayor Donald Williamson

Dear Mayor Williamson:

It is necessary to explain to the outbound residents and the citizens of Flint as to what is going on with the appointments in the Police Department and your administration.

Not sharing the plans for the future of Flint is detrimental to the businesses and residents of Genesee County. But most importantly, to the people that have businesses and live in the City of Flint. Flint is the largest metropolitan area in Mid-Michigan, what effects Flint, effects us all.

Please explain via a press conference Mr. Williamson, what your plans are for the safety and future goals for Flint.

Sincerely,
name hidden from forum

This was submitted via the City of Flint website...If I mysteriously disappear within the next 48 hours would someone look for me please? Smile
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Need a hideout? Laughing Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Need a hideout? Laughing Laughing

Well, I would feel secure with all of your algebra problems and all.Smile
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's available.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

She is soo open!

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'm tellin daves wife! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:18 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

How in the hell did this thread go down hill so fast...sheesh.
Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:20 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya cant blame twotap for this one. Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i'm tellin daves wife! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

She was the one that suggested it. Laughing
I may need a hideout, too. I sent an email asking why the council agendas & minutes of the council & committee meetings are never posted on the city's web site.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:55 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I sent an email asking why the council agendas & minutes of the council & committee meetings are never posted on the city's web site.

I think the minutes are not posted because there is not enough staff in the office to do them. They were over a year behind when I served on the Council. In the meantime there has been periods when there was only one person in the office... so I imagine that they are really behind now.... not sure why the agenda's are hit and miss.

That office really needs at a bare minimum three people. Someone that can handle the phones and the needs of the Council folks who can't seem to do anything on their own and then two staff whose sole purpose is to do the meetings.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:04 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's what I suspected, although some may say that it's so people don;t know what they're doing. Or, not doing.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 am 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
That's what I suspected, although some may say that it's so people don;t know what they're doing. Or, not doing.

I know the two in the office pretty good... both are very respectable folks who actually care about what is happening in this community. Despite everything that they have been put through they still try to do their jobs as best as they can.... They are just in a bad situation.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:51 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's what I admire about a lot of the police, fire & city hall folks; they keep doing their jobs in spite of everything going on around them.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:09 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: