FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How do you spell dimwit.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

4 letters CHER Laughing Laughing Laughing
CNSNews.com
Cher: Republican Rule Almost ‘Killed Me’
Friday, February 06, 2009
By Nicholas Ballasy, Video Reporter

(CNSNews.com) - Grammy award-winning singer and Academy award-winning actress Cher told CNSNews.com that living under Republican rule almost “killed" her, and she does not understand why anyone would want to be a Republican.

She also said that President Barack Obama’s “intelligence” and “spirit” are “so great” he will be able to do “more than anyone could possibly do.”

“His intelligence is so great and his spirit is so great, I believe he will be able to do as much if not more than anyone could possibly do,” Cher told CNSNews.com at the “Declare Yourself” inaugural ball.

“I just think he’s totally the right person at this time in our history," she said. "He brings something more in his spirit than maybe another president could be even with the same intelligence. There’s something about him that brings more with his spirit, and that’s what Americans need right now. Republicans almost killed me.”

When asked to explain how Republicans somehow “killed” her, Cher was not specific.

“You know what? I have so – I try to be charitable and there are some really good Republicans, but I just don’t understand how anyone would want to be a Republican. I just can’t figure it. I don’t understand,” she said. “If you’re poor, if you’re any kind of minority – gay, black, Latino, anything. If you’re not a rich – I don’t know. If you’re not a rich born-again-Christian, I don’t get it.”

Cher also said President Obama will not end the war in Iraq right away.

“I think as soon as he can. I don’t think it will be easy. It would be kind of simplistic to think that’s going to happen right away,” she said.

Cher rose to fame in 1965 as a member of the pop/rock duo "Sonny & Cher" with her future husband Sonny Bono. Among their hits songs were "I Got You Babe" and "The Beat Goes On." Cher won an Academy Award for her performance in the 1987 film "Moonstruck." She also won a Grammy award for her 1998 solo album, "Believe."

Viewer Comments
The following comments are posted by our readers and are not necessarily the opinions of either CNSNews.com or the story’s author. To be considered for publication, comments must adhere to the Terms of Use for posting to this Web site. Thank you.

Showing 1-5 of 86 Comments Newer to Older Older to Newer 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Loading...

SuperWormXO at 06:41 PM - February 06, 2009
We can certainly understand why you would feel that way, liberals want to be ruled with government running every aspect of your life. You have done well in this country, anywhere else you'd be washing someone's dirty underware. We have had some ruff presidents, but most of us remain respectful and love our country through good times and bad. The Democrate Congress has set this country up for years of debt, they are Americans problem right now, and the foot not would be...Your a singer, we don;t care what you think about this country.We Americans were so tired of being thought of as dumb, by the rest of the world that we went to the polls in November and removed all doubt.

puttputt at 06:39 PM - February 06, 2009
I thought it might have been all that plastic surgery that almost killed her. Fake.

Danny70000 at 06:39 PM - February 06, 2009
And this comment by Cher is significant how? Cher is a singer and actress, but how does that make her comments more significant than any other citizens? I somehow doubt she ever was a strong conservative who was turned off by the Bush years.

bikeral44 at 06:37 PM - February 06, 2009
don't worry cher the democrates will finish the job

curtisb at 06:32 PM - February 06, 2009
Hipocrits. Blame Bush for the ecomomy he left "The big 0". Using that standard, why didnt the liberial media blame Clinton for the recession he left Bush. H.I.P.O.C.R.I.T.E.S!!!!

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:28 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

I spell it.....

D O N W I L L I A M S O N !
Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Why does anyone care what Cher, Springsteen, Penn, & the other hollyweird nuts think?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:49 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: