FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: If this doesn't convince, nothing will

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just heard a call on the scanner for an armed robbery at Shenanigan's bar on Richfield Rd. The call I heard was at 6:35. Dispatch said the original call they got was at 4:59!!! Dispatch told the car the robber held a gun to the caller's head, robbed the place & fled east on Richfield. 88 minutes for an armed robbery call??!!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave,

I'm glad that you are starting to see some of the issues this city is facing. This is not an isolated incident. This is a common problem. This summer at Miller and Ballenger a lady was taken by gun point and placed into a vehicle. She was driven to an ATM to withdraw all of her money. Flint didn't have any available police to respond. None at all. After crucial time went by they broadcasted it over the county radio for help. Two State Cops ended up arresting the suspect.

I remind you this armed robbery happened during the winter. You know as well as I do that this is the slowest time of the year. What do you think the response times will be like this summer? I know right after the layoff's they started out 60 calls in the hole. This city needs police, it's plain and simple.

The county can't bail us out either. The amount of calls that go unanswered is more then they can handle. Why should the taxpayers in Flint TWP go without police because Flint laid off most of there officers.

There are some rumors that the laid off officers might be called back to work sooner then later. I know I'm ready to throw a uniform back on Twisted Evil If it happens the first order of buisness is to introduce myself to you at one of your block club meetings. That is if were not too busy. It can be done and it will save the city money. Now that the Mayor doesn't have an issue with the police, I can see it happening. Until then we need to make our voices heard. This is foolish, my taxes should go for something.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:35 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Yes, one major problem is the lack of police. Its not the fault of the officers but rather the administration and the poor leadership in the PD. I tell you officers I know bust their ass every day to improve Flint, they really care about the citizens and the city. However, sometimes if you don't have the tools and backup, its hard to get the job done.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We saw Keahey in a Tahoe yesterday, wearing a patrolman's uniform! Also saw Connie with the gold oak leaves still on her shoulders.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Those gold oak leaves are short term for Connie "hostile work environment" Johnson. Mark my words.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:52 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave,

I believe everyone got demoted today. The only one left in place is Deputy Chief Tim Johnson. What are they going to do with Vance? I heard he isn't at the Impound Lot anymore. The problem is MCOLES won't certify him as a cop. That is what happens when you use cocaine.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:21 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe he got all the cars at the impound lot washed & checked for illegal substances, so he was moved somewhere else in keeping with his qualifications.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:26 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Those gold oak leaves are short term for Connie "hostile work environment" Johnson. Mark my words.

When I talked to her Thursday, she said she hadn't heard anything yet.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 am 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave,

I know you attend city council meetings once in awile. Are you planning on talking about the time delay? Let me know if you are, a group of laid off officers that live in the city are are going to do the same thing. Something has to change.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:38 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Excellent idea.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:08 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

You should talk to her again Dave. I believe you will find the story has changed. In fact, I hear she's going on FMLA to avoid working in the hostile working conditions that she created.
Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:34 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Dave

The Channel 12 news just did a story on how she was demoted. I wasn't sure if you watch the news or not. I'm also glad to see that Mike Vance is finally gone. I hope two weeks will be enough to clean out his system for the next drug test.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:09 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I didn't see it, but I heard about it. Were Chucky or Randolph mentioned?

Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn..........................................
Post Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: