FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: proof their is no free ride.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I remember reading an article where mr Williams talks about his cocaine abuse. I also have been personally involved with two people who abused the drug years ago. One being my wifes younger sister who is suffering from congestive heart failure at age 40 and a friend of mine who just passed away at age 53 from the same disease. All those who claim drugs are OK and harmless better watch what they do.

Robin Williams scraps stand-up dates after health scare
Dallas WASHINGTON (AFP) – Actor and comedian Robin Williams has postponed four upcoming stand-up performances for health reason, with US media reporting Thursday that he has been hospitalised with heart problems.

Williams, 57, said in a statement on his website that the next four performances of his "Weapons of Self-Destruction" show in south Florida have been postponed.

"Williams was experiencing shortness of breath and is currently being evaluated by doctors who are recommending a week of rest," it said.

Williams is "currently at a Miami hospital with heart issues and could be laid up for a while" the Miami Herald newspaper reported, quoting anonymous sources.

Williams is in the unnamed hospital's intensive care unit, the Los Angeles Times added.

Williams won a best supporting actor Oscar for his role in the 1997 film "Good Will Hunting" and has been nominated for an Academy Award for three other movies: "Good Morning Vietnam," "The Fisher King,"

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I remember not long ago Williams went to the hospital claiming that he was addicted to booze and had relapsed. Makes me wonder if it was coca? Then again it could have been any number of things having grown up in San Fransicko, California.

That said, I wish him well in whatever recovery he gets involved. He needs to remember it is "powerful, cunning, and baffling."

Sober Pan8 Very Happy
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:21 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats, farm bill, fluoride, chlorine, pcbs etc etc have also been shown to be harmful.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/statistics/statistics_info1.shtml

They're also having some health problems down in Mexico with our failed drug war. It's hard for people to be healthy after their heads are removed.

Drug violence spins Mexico toward 'civil war'
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:29 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Alcohol, cigarettes, trans fats, farm bill, fluoride, chlorine, pcbs etc etc have also been shown to be harmful.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/statistics/statistics_info1.shtml

They're also having some health problems down in Mexico with our failed drug war. It's hard for people to be healthy after their heads are removed.

Drug violence spins Mexico toward 'civil war'

Yes, they indeed remove heads in Mexico and their problems could have serious ramifications for good ole Uncle Sam. Some of the border violence has moved into American southwest cities, most notably El Paso and to a lesser degree San Diego.

Pan8
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:53 pm 
seek4truth
F L I N T O I D

Why don't they legalize the drugs? During prohibition the violence was out of control in the USA. When they legalized alcohol the violence stopped. Why buy it from the guy on the corner when you can go to Rite-Aid. This war on drugs will never be won. Every drug dealer I arrested there were 3 to replace him. The economy is horrible, this would provide a new tax base. I posted a link below. It is a group of cops that want to legalize drugs to prevent the violence. What do you think? Please look at the website before you slam me Wink For the record I don't use drugs, and I wouldn't even if they were legal.
http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I agree with what you said and the websight. Its a war we cant win. By the way while were at it lets legalize the ladies of the evening thats another waste of time for the cops. Why arrest someone for selling something they can give away legally? I mentioned we used to monitor night vice while I worked third shift. Very entertaining to listen to the same gals every night getting busted by Skin, Redeye, Cowboy for the same thing. Total waste of manpower. For the record I dont use hoes and wouldnt if they were also legal. Very Happy

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:43 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
seek4truth schreef:
Why don't they legalize the drugs? During prohibition the violence was out of control in the USA. When they legalized alcohol the violence stopped. Why buy it from the guy on the corner when you can go to Rite-Aid. This war on drugs will never be won. Every drug dealer I arrested there were 3 to replace him. The economy is horrible, this would provide a new tax base. I posted a link below. It is a group of cops that want to legalize drugs to prevent the violence. What do you think? Please look at the website before you slam me Wink For the record I don't use drugs, and I wouldn't even if they were legal.
http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

I feel that legalization in just around the corner. We have failed to fight this war on drugs with both hands and have allowed the bad guys to seize the initiative and dictate the tempo and terms. What I mean to say is either we do as Singapore and Malaysia do, i.e. hang pushers in the public square or legalized, tax, control and regulate.

Gee, wonder what happen to Alphonse Capone when prohibition was repealed? He went to jail and the hootch runners for the most part were put out of business. Shocked

Given the fact that we now have a liberal president and both houses of congress, legalization is just around the corner.

I do not use or condone the use of drugs.

Pan8
Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: