FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is our block club a terrorist group?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

In light of the DHS report on "extremist terrorist groups", I wonder if we qualify.
At our meeting last night, we all decided that regardless of what the city does in the way of public safety layoffs, possibly going to every other week garbage collection, "shrinking" the city & cutting off services to certain areas, we will continue to stand on our own two feet and keep our neighborhood clean & safe.

Not sitting back & waiting for the government to do it for us might be construed to be an extreme point of view.

/sarc

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

hell, our block club would do the same thing!! Cool

"no sir, a guy named DAVE said it was legal" Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:09 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If you take the extremest view of "shrinking the city", the boundaries will be redrawn, and all city services will be cut off in the areas outside the new boundaries. In that event, "legal" would have no meaning. Laughing
To add to our "qualifications" for the list, one lady in her 70's has a pistol & knows how to use it. Shocked Another lady was given a K-bar (military combat knife) and a pistol by her son, who recently retired after 20 years in special ops. Shocked Shocked

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Does your group support Obama? If not and you support right wing things like gun rights the probably yes.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:17 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Church Groups also threatened

Demand DHS apologize for disparaging America's veterans and pro-lifers

Call Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano, to demand an apology for the outrageous DHS memo disparaging America's veterans and pro-lifers

Barack Obama's Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security is stubbornly refusing to apologize to our nation's veterans for issuing a DHS intelligence assessment which disparages veterans as possible terrorist threats. The report also defamed peaceful pro-lifers.

Roberta Combs, president of the Christian Coalition of America said: "I agree with the Democrat chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, Congressman Bennie Thompson, when he said he was "dumbfounded" that such a report would be issued. Veterans and pro-lifers should not be targeted as terrorist threats by the Obama administration. This partisanship must stop."

As the national commander of the American Legion, David K. Rehbein, was quoted as saying: "I think that it is important for all of us to remember that Americans are not the enemy. The terrorists are." He blasted Janet Napolitano's new "security" assessment report entitled: "Rightwing Extremism: Current Economic and Polticial Climate Fueling Resurgence and Recruitment."

Mr. Rehbein also attacked the Obama report by saying: "To continue to use McVeigh (the Oklahoma City bomber) as an example of the stereotypical 'disgruntled military veteran' is as unfair as using Osama bid Laden as the sole example of Islam."

----------
ACTION ITEM: Contact (call, email or write) Janet Napolitano, the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and demand an apology for disparaging America's veterans and peaceful pro-lifers as being terrorist risks in the intelligence report her department issued this week. Also, FAX your Congressional representation to let them know your degree of outrage at this offensive gesture by Janet Napolitano's Department of Homeland Security today.

Telephone Numbers:

DHS Operator Number: 202-282-8000
DHS Comment Line: 202-282-8495

Mailing Address:

Secretary Janet Napolitano
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

DHS Website: www.DHS.gov
Let your members of Congress know how you feel

Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

what?? hell i support obama but i also support gun rights. Shocked Shocked

i don't need a fully automatic uzi, but i prefer owning a weapon as my right to protect myself and family. ain't got nuthin to do with the prez.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ain't got nuthin to do with the prez.

Ever check out Barackos voting record on the 2nd ammendment??Take a look and see what you come up with.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:09 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

don't matter. he's not dumb enough to piss off MOST of america by taking all guns from americans. come on maaaan!! Razz Razz Razz

P.Y.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:47 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If the dems weren't afraid it would kill their chances in the 2010 & 2012 elections, they'd ban all guns in a heartbeat.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:03 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Dave your neighborhood will still not get any monies because they all go to Carriage Town and Downtown Flint. I was at their meeting the other day and found out they are getting $180,000 to put into a house on the corner of Garland and Third Ave that won't finish it.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We know we're on the "Who cares about them" list. That's fine; we'll do it ourselves. One of our neighbors has been working all day on cleaning up around an abandoned house on West Dayton - 2 blocks from the infamous party store. Looks like it'll take about 30 trash bags. We'll have to get 50 or so paper lawn bags to finish up a couple empty houses & lots on the block, then we're all set. The City's been pretty good about picking up stuff, but if they quit, we'll stuff the bags inside a house that's beyond salvaging.
We're fortunate that we have people on the block that don't sit back & wait for someone to do it for them.
Drive down Milbourne, between Dayton & Hamilton & see what we've done. Look for the house with the big satellite dish on the roof & stop in for a cup of coffee.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:24 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

We are forgotten as well Dave, I live on the east side and see little help anymore since Don is gone.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:41 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

$180,000.00 for a HOUSE in carriage town??? and THAT amount won't finish it?? Shocked Shocked Shocked surely it a loan?? surely it's to be some type of office building??? Shocked Shocked

P.Y.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:12 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Monies from the City of Flint and Flint NIPP.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:34 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

$180,000 could do more than one house in Dave's or my neighborhood.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: