FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama pledges to manage the economy
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

In case any of you were worried about rapid job creation. Obama is already to preparing to "protect" us from rapid job creation in any areas of the economy that he sees as growing too fast. It's a good thing Obama has never even run a business or this daunting task may have seemed like too much.

Obama would regulate new 'bubbles'

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:16 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I am not savvy in matters of economics but I do have a concern that we may experience hyperinflation. Not much growth but lots of money coming in.

Pan8
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well now adam, thats why presidents have advisors Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

grab a teabag Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya know its a fact Obama has never run anything except his mouth, and thats what got him elected. Laughing
Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:15 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

another limbaugh-beck-hannity stooge. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i know it irks you but you know damn well the kid's (obama & co.) done pretty good thus far. what less than 100 days? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"hello"...."uhhh this is mr.2tap calling for mr. lipton" Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:21 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
another limbaugh-beck-hannity stooge. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i know it irks you but you know damn well the kid's (obama & co.) done pretty good thus far. what less than 100 days? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"hello"...."uhhh this is mr.2tap calling for mr. lipton" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good point! At this rate it will probably be at least another hundred days before panic really sets in.
Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:54 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
well now adam, thats why presidents have advisors

Yeah like Obama's Bernanke and people who can't even manage to pay their own taxes but think they can manage our whole economy.
Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:38 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

like your president and his advisors? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yeah they did a great job deregulating everything they were told by business. oh my, what a great job THEY did... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

john mccain would have done a stand up job right????
Laughing Laughing "drill and drill now!!!" how frakkin feeble. Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Well unlike Bush McCain and Obama I do support the Constitution. Drill baby drill does make more sense than here sit around and collect free money for over a year and then if that doesn't work enjoy free welfare for the rest of your life while we wreck the economy.
Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

1. what particular portion of the constitution is not adhered to at this moment?

2. what does "drilling now" (which has never stopped) have to do with helping american unemployed?

3. i don't believe welfare is available for life is it, and where. certainly not michigan.

4. if not mistaken, the economy was destroyed loooong before the election correct?

P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:49 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I know a family that's been on welfare for over 20 years. Two of their daughters, 16 & 18, have kids & are following in their footsteps.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
back again
F L I N T O I D

i thought there was a "welfare to work" thing in michigan?

P.Y.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
1. what particular portion of the constitution is not adhered to at this moment?

2. what does "drilling now" (which has never stopped) have to do with helping american unemployed?

3. i don't believe welfare is available for life is it, and where. certainly not michigan.

4. if not mistaken, the economy was destroyed loooong before the election correct?

1. State rights for one. The feds need to relinquish control of education or make it constitutional. I also favor a more strict interpretation of the second ammendment. Technically federal drug prohibition is also unconstitutional. The made acohol prohibition legal with an ammendment. If you did an analysis there's probably another 100,000 or so other pages of laws that are unconstitutional. There's at least a few whole departments that should probably be eliminated.
Here's some more:
http://www.krusch.com/real/unconstregs.html

2. The feds block a lot of drilling which creates jobs and lowers prices and may have slighly delayed/lessened the recession/depression

3. Yes it is. There's a lot of welfare programs you can be on for life.

4. It's a long process.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:21 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i thought there was a "welfare to work" thing in michigan?

They do try and push people off welfare but there are always programs out there like unearned income credits from the government foodstamps housing assistance etc etc. I may be a right wing extremest but I do think foodstamps are under funded.
Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well regarding "states rights" i seem to recall several states who because they had states rights managed to keep whole segments of their citizens disenfranchised, uneducated and dirt poor. i remember those day and the people who allowed this have not gone anywhere.

drilling would not solve the problem. alternate energy sources must be put on line in america. there is no other alternative.

regarding welfare. i don't know enough to offer an opinion.

P.Y.
Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: