FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Would you shake Obamas hand.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wouldnt have done it before but now this, is Baracko carrying the swine flu virus?? Shocked

Mexico’s Calderon Declares Emergency Amid Swine Flu Outbreak
Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Thomas Black

April 25 (Bloomberg) -- Mexican President Felipe Calderon declared an emergency in his country’s swine flu outbreak, giving him powers to order quarantines and suspend public events.

Authorities have canceled school at all levels in Mexico City and the state of Mexico until further notice, and the government has shut most public and government activities in the area. The emergency decree, published today in the state gazette, gives the president authority to take more action.

“The federal government under my charge will not hesitate a moment to take all, all the measures necessary to respond with efficiency and opportunity to this respiratory epidemic,” Calderon said today during a speech to inaugurate a hospital in the southern state of Oaxaca.

At least 20 deaths in Mexico from the disease are confirmed, Health Minister Jose Cordova said yesterday. The strain is a variant of H1N1 swine influenza that has also sickened at least eight people in California and Texas. As many as 68 deaths may be attributed to the virus in Mexico, and about 1,000 people in the Mexico City area are showing symptoms of the illness, Cordoba said.

Obama’s Visit

The first case was seen in Mexico on April 13. The outbreak coincided with the President Barack Obama’s trip to Mexico City on April 16. [b]Obama was received at Mexico’s anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished archeologist who died the following day from symptoms similar to flu, Reforma newspaper reported.

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i'd be honored to shake his hand. Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:56 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I'd never put myself in a position where he may extend his hand to me for a handshake.

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:49 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thats a fact I wouldnt walk across the street to see or hear the guy, unlike Chris Matthews Barcako does not give my leg a tingly sensation. Laughing

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:07 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I had plenty of chances to shake hands with Al Gore when he was the veep. He would fly to Nashville about once a month to go to his house in Carthage TN. Air Force 2 would always land on our ramp and we had to do security on it. Al would sometimes shake hands with people but whenever that window of opportunity was open, I always made sure that I closed the curtain.

Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:40 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I would shake the man's hand, while saying the words "Mr. President, I have some concerns...."
Post Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:16 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: