FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama helps clense the Republican Party

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

story

"Pennsylvania has voted increasingly Democratic in recent elections, and Obama's candidacy in 2008 prompted thousands of voters to switch their registration to his party. Specter said their migration had left the GOP primary electorate "very far to the right."

I've heard these right wing extremists might even go after McCain.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:44 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

sooo uhhh, what was that about 2010 2tap????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:30 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

It would be much bigger news if Barney Frank announced that he was switching to women. Shocked Specter usually votes with dems, anyway. You can have him and while your at it take Mccain please.

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

no no, you can keep mr. "drill and drill now!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i can't wait for your usual "cut n' paste" on this subject Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

This could be good. This could prevent an even worse democrat getting elected or a real conservative winning. There's a long ways and likely millions of more job losses until the 2010 elections. It may be scary what Obama can do with the supermajority but conservatives do have their guns and are getting motivated. Hopefully Republicans can purge out the "moderates" like Bush and McCain and it looks like we were successful with Specter.
Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

"I am not prepared to have my 29-year record in the United States Senate decided by the Republican primary electorate, not prepared to have that record decided by that jury," Sen. Arlen Specter said.

Ya mean the jury that elected your worthless whiny ass???and might actually hold you accountable ?? What a gutless little prick he is, I say he is now right where he belongs with the rest of the gutless. 2010

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:29 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Limbaugh To Specter: Take McCain And His Daughter With You

Acid-tongued (real) conservatives have long viewed Specter as an Independent or even a Democrat in GOP clothing. And so when the Pennsylvania Republican announced that the R after his name would be changed to a D, the response was to celebrate the purge of moderation.

"A lot of people said, well Specter, take McCain with you, and his daughter. Take McCain and his daughter with you," talk show host Rush Limbaugh declared during the early hour of his Tuesday program.
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Everyone says this is simply self-preservation by Specter. You know what? It is. And 535 other members of congress would do the same thing. You can't govern unless you get elected!
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:22 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's not about governing. It's about getting reelected to feed their egos.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres the real reason.Spineless little twerp will fit right in.

The Democrats have gained another seat in the U.S. Senate. Make no mistake... Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter was already with them in spirit. Now, he is with them in party label too.

The big problem with Arlen Specter's decision is that his reasons are completely bogus and his comments against the Republican Party show a complete lack of class. He stated that he is switching parties based on principle, but his switch is really based on fear and politics. Let's look at what Specter said and compare it to reality.

Specter knew he couldn't win the Republican primary in 2010, so rather than standing on principle and fighting, he ran to the other side in the hopes of saving his seat. The latest Rasmussen Reports poll has former Congressman Pat Toomey leading Specter by 21 points in the 2010 Pennsylvania Republican primary. That was all the "principle" he needed to make the move.

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:52 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wow the lefties are all a twitter with this "Its over for the repubs line". Ya right Spector defecting thats the end for them. What is really about to happen is that the democrats are now in complete control and also 100% liable for what ever occurs. No more "its Bushs Fault" bull is gonna work. Cmon you lefties show some balls, lets see those extreme ideas all your whacko groups have been waiting for you to ram thru congress.

Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing rats deserting a sinking ship Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: