FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Just shop white its alright
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Imagine the uproar if this was reversed in fact it kind of inspires me to do just that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519965,00.html

Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:30 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Some people go through extreme lengths to ensure the country stays racially divided. Why can't we all just be Americans ? These people are segregating themselves.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Youre right, how can you claim to be a victim if your just one of the crowd.

Post Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

These experimenters are promoting segregation and racism. I wonder what their reaction would be if a white owned business told them, "we are trying to avoid black customers"? Is it ok for white consumers and businesses to try their own "empowerment experiment"?
Post Wed May 13, 2009 4:29 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

you guys are pitiful...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sad

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 13, 2009 7:12 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually I would say those folks in the article are the pitiful ones. Rolling Eyes

Post Wed May 13, 2009 8:18 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

the only reason america has racial problems is black and white people like you guys, who rant and rave every chance you can get attempting to inflame with paranoid assinine mumblings of lunatics. i thank god america voted to rid itself of this mentality.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Wed May 13, 2009 11:10 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
the only reason america has racial problems is black and white people like you guys, who rant and rave every chance you can get attempting to inflame with paranoid assinine mumblings of lunatics. i thank god america voted to rid itself of this mentality.

I don't give a damn if the owner of a business is black, white, brown or purple. If I need something I will purchase it regardless of who is taking my money. The people who go out of their way to do the opposite are the lunatics, not the ones who point out THEIR lunacy.

This "experiment" doesn't make me paranoid in the slightest. My question stands, what would be the reaction if the roles were reversed?

The country can't vote away a mentality, and if it could, my vote would be to do away with empowerment experiments organized by any race. I fail to see how one race boycotting another helps to stop racism. I thought the goal was equality. "Experiments" like this further divide the races and do nothing to promote equality.
Post Thu May 14, 2009 1:33 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

My sister told me about this.

Personally, I think local communities would be better off if people looked for some local businesses rather than using race, sex, or sexual preference as a parameter.

I personally promote the 50:3 project, which promotes choosing three local businesses that you can't imagine living without and spending $50 a month at least at those three businesses.

As far as the racial thing, the best way to react is to roll your eyes and ignore them, and teach your children what really matters.

Post Thu May 14, 2009 5:47 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Cmon LT you know these folks in the article are more racist than anyone on this forum. Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu May 14, 2009 7:30 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

personally, i agree with bah and tegan. i'm too old and quite frankly not about to waste the remaining portion of my life bitching and complaining. it's a beautiful planet and i intend on enjoying it. why should i get my boiler fired up when a few of the six billion humans on this planet say something disagreeable to my mantra? nope, ain't gonna play that game. Laughing Laughing

by the way 2tap, consider that stolen!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Thu May 14, 2009 11:38 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I thought you would like that. Laughing

Post Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
personally, i agree with bah and tegan.

My position didn't change. Why the change of heart?
Post Thu May 14, 2009 8:52 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i agree with you not caring what color the store owner is. i haven't changed a thing bro.

P.Y.
Post Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
i agree with you not caring what color the store owner is. i haven't changed a thing bro.

You still think I'm a lunatic for pointing out their lunacy?
Post Thu May 14, 2009 11:48 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: