FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitches

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Link

For updates, visit my wife's blog @ http://www.stevenandersonfamily.blogspot.com/

I told them I was a US citizen.
I told them I was on a business trip.
I told them I had no drugs or humans in the car.

That wasn't enough. They wanted to search the car, and I invoked my 4th amendment rights.

I DID NOT RESIST OR FIGHT BACK. YET I WAS TAZERED REPEATEDLY AND SHOVED IN BROKEN GLASS REPEATEDLY!

I was IN the United States!!! I had crossed no international border!!!

This occured on the night of April 14/15, 2009

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

Supreme Court ruled these checkpoints are legal within 100 miles (I believe) of an international border. Pastor wrongly invokes his rights and refuses to exit his vehicle (Charge #1- fail to comply with a lawful order from a police officer). Pastor is advised he is under arrest for charge #1 and ordered to exit the vehicle. Pastor refuses to comply and is now resisting arrest (Charge #2).

Should I be surprised to see the pastor have cuts and scrapes on his face after he refused to exit the vehicle and the officers were forced to break his windows and forcefully extract him from the vehicle?

Good learning tool from the pastor- when you think you "know your rights" be sure you know what your talking about. Lastly, always comply with a lawful order from a police officer.
Post Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well kids I believe their is a lesson to be learned here. When you are ordered to do something by law enforcement its wise to follow their orders.

Post Fri May 15, 2009 7:35 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Stupid pastor. Doesn't he know he is the governments servant and not vice versa? He needs to read the Bush memos to he can learn how our government works.

This is why it's good to be an illegal immigrant. You don't have to worry about being a slave to the government and you get a bunch of free stuff that American taxpaying slaves give to you courtesy of the federal government.

Maybe he coud get a copy of the constitution and use it for toilet paper. Then he would be using it more than our government does.
Post Fri May 15, 2009 10:27 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Viva la SS!

Link

Post Fri May 15, 2009 10:38 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn adam, kiss your political aspirations goodbye dude!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I bel;ieve those were history a long time ago. Laughing

Post Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

It would be wise for the pastor to gain an understanding of the way things work. This way he will be able to prevent himself from being forcefully extracted from his vehicle in the future.
Post Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

2tap, i was referring to his 11:27 post. Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri May 15, 2009 1:44 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
damn adam, kiss your political aspirations goodbye dude!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe when Republicans and democrats can come together in abject poverty they will be revived and people will care more about the debt when the official tally is more in the $50 trillion range.

We don't need checkpoints in America we need secure borders. If we can have 700 military bases overseas we can have 700 military stations around the Mexican border.

Link
Post Mon May 18, 2009 9:13 am 
BAH836
F L I N T O I D

Edited:
Nevermind....
Post Tue May 19, 2009 10:50 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: