FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Somebody put an idea in Baracks head.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Read the comments below the article, pretty telling and mostly true.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/5516536/US-cities-may-have-to-be-bulldozed-in-order-to-survive.html

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:16 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Right and after we use tax dollars to tear down cheap housing we can use tax dollars to build expensive new homes and use tax dollars to subsidize the new homes for low income fanmilies.
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:13 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

If I lived in Michigan I would consider leaving. It is interesting that the actor Jeff Daniels is seen daily on the television touting "Come to Michigan." Now I understand the nation as a whole has economic woes but the rust belt is done. Sad

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:44 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well, i don't plan on dieing of old age in michigan. tired of it's economy, winter, ahhhh, aw hell, i'm just a wanderer!!! it seems more alive and diverse in the southwest. the desert is sooo peaceful. theres a place called "valley of fire" thats so serene and quiet you can hear the breeze. petroglyphs on rocks from 10,000 years ago of animals long gone, appearing to be from a time before the desert was fully formed. arghhh!!
simply spiritual!!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

As I get older (67), I have less tolerance for heat. Plus, I like the changing seasons and the challenges of living in the North end of Flint. I'm staying put.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
pan8
F L I N T O I D

My mother has lived in the Flint area for the past 36 years and will not leave other than to visit. I was back there for a short period this last winter and the cold was horrific.

I am now 60, been retired for 10 years and will not live anywhere I would require an ice scrapper.

The U.S. economy will rebound eventually but I think not Michigan. The heydays of "making thunderbirds" are long gone. Sad

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

dave, you've got balls. i know you've probably got 7 or 8 hundred thousand in cash somewhere so i have to assume......you got balls dude! Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:19 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Pension & Social Security only. No savings, no investments, no stash of cash.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jeez Bagain we aint all traveling pipefitters. Laughing

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yeah, and a half million hidden in the basement right dave?? Cool Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:23 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Nope, not a cent. Only thing in the basement is the washer & dryer, and my darkroom. Oh, and my reloading equipment.

Post Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:40 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: