FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Boil Water in Flint advisory lifted

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

City of Flint issues boil water advisory for residents

FLINT, Michigan -- The city has issued a boil water advisory for all Flint water customers until further notice.

The precaution is required by law because of a drop in water supply pressure while work continues on a 72-inch water main that delivers water from Detroit.

The drop in water pressure could allow bacterial contamination to enter the water system. The volume of treated and stored water is no longer sufficient to ensure a safe water supply can be delivered to residents, a news release said.

"These precautionary actions are being taken due to the loss of water pressure in the water distribution system caused by the repairing of the water supply line from Detroit and the longer than anticipated length of time for critical repairs," said Mike Brown, the city's utilities administrator. "Whenever a water system loses pressure for any significant length of time, precautionary measures are required under state and federal regulations."

Residents should not use tap water without boiling it first for one minute and then letting it cool.

Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.

The boil water notice will remain in effect until results from the sampling verify the water is safe to drink. Customers will be advised when the boil water advisory has been lifted.

City workers are currently repairing a section of pipeline located on Genesee Road, just north of Richfield Road. The work is required to make permanent repairs on the line, which has been operating on temporary repairs made last year.

The water department anticipates resolving the problem within the next four days.

In the meantime, the Flint water plant has been placed in service so that water pressure can be maintained for fire protection purposes.

For more information about the water service, please call 766-7202.

General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by microbes are available from the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1(800) 426-4791.

Last edited by Adam on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:43 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ahhhhh, a nice glass of flint river water. Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:54 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
ahhhhh, a nice glass of flint river water. Shocked

Common back, I thought you liked Flint! Go ahead and have a glass and let me know how you feel. Laughing

Pan8
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:35 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha.. why do that when i can get all the drugs i want drinking lake mead water?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

it's time for desalination plants like the caribbean.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:12 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I always figured it as something in the water that made Flint and its inhabitants the way they are.

Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:14 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i remember when the auto plants dumped into the flint river and blew toxic dust from their smokestacks. right now there are mutant catfish in the genesee lake system that approach 4 feet long. they should be on monster quest!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

P.Y.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:21 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
ha ha ha.. why do that when i can get all the drugs i want drinking lake mead water?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

it's time for desalination plants like the caribbean.

Lake Mead? Ahhh, this explains why you like prince harry reid! Seems to me I read he has an election comming up and his chances are slim to none. Any truth?

Pan8
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:57 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

there IS truth to that rumor. folks in these parts think he's toast.

oh-oh gotta go...josey wales is on!!!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

P.Y.
Post Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Double, double, toil and trouble. Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I used to be able to catch community news on ch 12. I bought a box for the digital change. Had extra channels 12 -1, 12-2 ,
12-3 had a weather channel and community alerts across the bottom of screen.

I no longer have ch 12. In bad weather all channels look like a Puzzle.
I had no alerts to not brush your teeth with the water, I was sick, my child is sick.

If you can not afford cable, No local paper..not a third world country yet. still health adivisories do not reach you or your child? Is michigan still AMERICA?

Did a hurricane hit? is your once quiet neighborhood taken over by drug dealers and nobody cares? are you scared to let your child ride her bicycle on your street?

I can run the drug dealers off but not having health alerts reach me is problematic. What state is this..louisiana?

Peace,
RAP

Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:05 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Digital signals look like that when they break up. Rain tends to scatter them more than the older analog signals.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Flint should probably have an email press release sign up.
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:36 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Flint boil water notice lifted Saturday morning
by Laura Angus | Flint Journal
Saturday June 20, 2009, 9:43 AM
FLINT, Michigan — City residents no longer need to boil tap water before use.

The boil water notice was lifted early Saturday morning after tests of the water came back clean, said Mike Brown, utilities administrator.

There could have been contamination of the water when the previously-unused Flint water plant was placed in service, which necessitated the boil water notice, but the tests have shown no bacterial growth, said Brown.

The city issued the boil water notice on June 17 after a drop in water supply pressure while work continues on a 72-inch water main that delivers water from Detroit. The Flint water plant at Dort Highway and Stewart Avenue was placed in service to maintain water pressure.

City workers are currently repairing a section of pipeline located on Genesee Road, just north of Richfield Road. The work is required to make permanent repairs on the line, which has been operating on temporary repairs made last year.
Post Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:58 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: