FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Darfur
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pan8
F L I N T O I D

For the past several years I have seen the liberal media beat up President Bush for inaction in Darfur. A number of times the question was asked, "Mr. President when will you do something in Darfur?"

I now ask our liberal friends (?) on this board the same question. When will the president do something in Darfur? The ball is in the BO's hands.

When will the suffering of the people stop? Hundereds of thousands have died while the BO fiddles.

Pan8
Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:42 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well.....i have a call in to him. i'll include that question.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
well.....i have a call in to him. i'll include that question.

And when you speak with him please inquire as to his plans for the hyperinflation that is on the horizon? And gas prices? And N. Korea? And Iran etc.?

Pan8
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:44 am 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Actually, conditions on the ground are improving and there is debate within the Administration on whether or not what is going on there can be called genocide. You'll recall - who am I kidding, you'll have no idea - that 13 NGOs and other aid organizations were expelled some time ago. Many of these organizations have started returning, making the situation there better. Not saying it's solved, but getting better. So, among saving the U.S. economy, President Obama is on his way to saving those who live in Darfur.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Do you think, maybe, he could fit helping Flint a little into his busy schedule of golf & ice cream?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Ok, do not, I repeat, do not, begin to talk about President Obama golfing or getting ice cream with his children.

Your savior, George W. spent 487 days at Camp David and 490 days at his "ranch" in Texas. That totals 977 days away from the White House during his 8 years as president or just over 33 percent of the time. Bush spent over 3 of his 8 years as president on vacation!

Actually, it's probably a good thing. Just think how much more he would have screwed up if he worked more.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:04 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

I just want to say that the U.S. will only get involved militarily if it has potential significant economic or political goals within the region.

Darfur is essentially a desert/savannah area with limited natural resources and little political or strategic benefits. It's the same reason we didn't intervene in Rwanda in 1994. We knew FULL well what was going on, but we refused to enter due to the recent disaster in Somalia and Rwanda essentially had nothing to give.

We know FULL well what is happening in Darfur and it certainly is government organized military strikes, subjugation, and government sanctioned militia raids on a particular minority resulting in the death and displacement of people in the tens of thousands.

I'd say that's genocide.

Just saying...

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Fstar said "Ok, do not, I repeat, do not, begin to talk about President Obama golfing "

Looks like someone beat us to it. Laughing

Media Cheer Obama's Golf Outings; Criticized Republicans' Trips to Course
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

CNSNews.com) – President Barack Obama has gone to the golf course at least 11 times since he took the oath of office a little more than six months ago--three rounds were played during the late January, 12-day holiday Obama took with his family in Hawaii; one at Andrews Air Force Base; and seven at Ft. Belvoir Golf Course, including a round on Sunday, Father’s Day, with Vice President Joe Biden.

These 11 rounds played by the president are documented through media reports of his golf trips. The White House press office told CNSNews.com that to confirm every round of golf played by the president since he took office would take “hours” because the only records kept are those sent to the media through e-mails that are not posted on the White House Web site because they are for media planning only.

Despite ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ongoing violence in Iran, and an economy that Obama has described as the worst since the Great Depression, the president has golfed multiple times in the past several weeks--on April 26, May 16, May 25, May 31, June 7, June 9, June 14 and June 21.

Obama’s golf outings have generated favorable reports from the media, in contrast to his predecessor, George W. Bush.

http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49931

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:33 pm 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

Care to respond about Bush's record time away from the White House?
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:22 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

we all know W was getting "briefed" as to how much money he would make if he did what cheney told him to do. how well did it work?? hell, W can't even READ and his library was built the same day he left!! Laughing Laughing

and of course, he had to get his wife's "ranch" paid for Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

right dan darfur IS genocide. if a country casts itself as loving good will they should do something to stop that problem. it stinks to high heaven!! just like they could have done something to help the congo situation. lord knows there are planty of natural resources to attract a "good will" country. america (clinton) didn't friggin budge and millions were slaughtered but. thats o.k. because CHINA's moving right on in there.

Surely your not intimating the great america only budges when it has something to gain??????? let them die if we can't make money?????

karma's a mofo!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Care to respond about Bush's record time away from the White House?

Not really since he is long gone and their is a brand new prez spending time and taxpayers coins on entertaining himself and family. I believe I will stick with that. Laughing

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:18 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dan Moilanen schreef:
We know FULL well what is happening in Darfur and it certainly is government organized military strikes, subjugation, and government sanctioned militia raids on a particular minority resulting in the death and displacement of people in the tens of thousands.

I'd say that's genocide.

Just saying...

Hmmmm, according to FStar things are getting better. I would say that it is FStar that does not know what is going on there.

Hey FStar, ever been to Africa? Tell me what is going on there from your vast first hand knowledge.

Pan8
Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:31 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
we all know W was getting "briefed" as to how much money he would make if he did what cheney told him to do.

We do?? Hey Bagain you threw it out there lets see some proof.

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:15 am 
FStar
F L I N T O I D

First, so W is off limits because he's out of office. Yet, the Repubs still talk about Clinton and you still talk about Carter for that matter. And, forget about Ted Kennedy. God forbid a week goes by without an ignorant comment about an event that happened forty whatever years ago.

Yes, I've been to Africa. New Buffalo in South Africa to be precise - the city is a client.

And, I didn't say things were all well and fine there, I said they are getting better - which they are. The fact that international aid groups have been allowed back in is getting better, don't you think? A lot more than Bush ever did.
Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:01 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FStar schreef:

Yes, I've been to Africa. New Buffalo in South Africa to be precise - the city is a client.

I'm impressed, you made a sales call to South Africa. Ever get to the west coast as in Liberia or the Horn of Africa? Smile

Pan8
Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:20 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: