FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: How shallow we are
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The House is being told to vote on the Cap & Trade bill without anyone having a chance to read any of the 1,000 pages, not to mention the 300 page amendment added at the last minute. Obama says we have to take a look at whether paying for health care for the elderly that will not cure them is cost effective. Last night he issues an executive order allowing the indefinite detention of Gitmo prisoners. John Conyers drops investigation of Acorn on orders from "The powers that be". Do we care? Does the media care? NO; we're too obsessed with Michael Jackson.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
NO; we're too obsessed with Michael Jackson.

Well we are not all obsessed with Mike, but I hear what you are saying holy crap 24 hrs nonstop. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
NO; we're too obsessed with Michael Jackson.

Well we are not all obsessed with Mike, but I hear what you are saying holy crap 24 hrs nonstop. Rolling Eyes

When Anna Nicole Smith died it was 30 + days non stop. The news is reporting no toxicology reports for 4-6 weeks so hang on. Not sure if the state would allow a bural while waiting for the results of those tests.

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I see on Drudge they had a list of the drugs that Mike was injesting and injecting daily. Holy crap no wonder he checked out.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Junkie, same as Elvis and Anna Nicole Smith. Think back to the '70s when Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison died, all drugs.

Wonder what it is about power, talent and money?

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:41 am 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Junkie, same as Elvis and Anna Nicole Smith. Think back to the '70s when Hendrix, Joplin and Morrison died, all drugs.

Pan8

You can afford drugs like heroin and cocaine?

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Or mix up a deadly combo like this.

Jacko, 50, was taking up to THREE powerful narcotic pain relievers at the same time — when any more than one is deemed potentially fatal.

Sources close to the singer’s entourage said he was injected three times a day with Demerol - the potent painkiller given to him before his collapse at home in LA on Thursday.

Jacko, who suffered a heart attack, was taking another painkiller, Dilaudid. And sources said he had recently been prescribed yet ANOTHER narcotic pain reliever, Vicodin.

His other drugs included muscle relaxant Soma, a sedative called I need to die! and anti-depressant Zoloft. He also took Paxil for anxiety and heartburn pill Prilosec.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I wonder how many people made a sigh of relief when they heard of Michael Jackson's death - what a great distraction. Not only for congress but for that Governor Sanford also.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:59 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Probably not the MD or dealer who was supplying Jacko with those drugs.

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dan Moilanen schreef:
quote:
pan8 schreef:

Pan8

You can afford drugs like heroin and cocaine?

Not sure of the cost of drugs as I do not do them. I assume you mean that there are many people around these icons that do not care about their welfare only getting on the "gravy train." Sad.

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well I see old Jesse Jackass is sticking his nose in trying to stir up something. It has been a slow year for the REV?? Rolling Eyes since he said he would like to nut the POTUS.

http://www.charter.net/news/read.php?id=15652330&ps=1011&srce=news_class&action=1&lang=en&_LT=HOME_USNWC34L1_UNEWS

And then their is this. Rolling Eyes
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.3929d43c4bd28b369ad24922341efefe.e61&show_article=1

Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:11 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

And then their is this. Rolling Eyes
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.3929d43c4bd28b369ad24922341efefe.e61&show_article=1

Yup, everyone is a victim, even in the case of MJ DOA. You play, ya gotta pay!

que sera sera! Rolling Eyes

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

theres a whole host of those types who i imagine because of lonliness turn to drugs to ease the pain....it's lonely at the top!!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:06 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Hey back again, what the hell's going on with your avatar? Rather morbid don'tcha think?

Pan8
Post Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:08 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

Laughing Laughing Laughing MINE is morbid? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i think the lil guy is kinda cute AHEM...in a male sort of way!! Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:05 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: