FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: ?? for the libs

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Libs, are you happy with the direction the BO is taking this country? I don't want to hear about your dislike of bush, only are you happy with the BO and where he is taking us? Can you refrain from blasting #43 and how about any Jewish libs on this board, are you content with the BOs snubbing of Israel and not blasting iran during the demostrations?

Remember make no reference to the last administration.

Pan8
Post Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:51 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

wasn't this limburps rant today?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:23 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
wasn't this limburps rant today?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not sure as I do not listen to the radio. What about the question?

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:18 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

1. havent decided yet.

2. we are all after peace in the middle east. particularly israeli and palestinian peace.

3. i see nothing wrong with staying out of elections in other countries. that bully pulpit is what has hurt america the most in the past. W saw to that.

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:26 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
back again schreef:
1. havent decided yet.

2. we are all after peace in the middle east. particularly israeli and palestinian peace.

3. i see nothing wrong with staying out of elections in other countries. that bully pulpit is what has hurt america the most in the past. W saw to that.

Seems the press is starting to get agitated with the BO and his press secretary. Think not? Just ask Helen Thomas.

Why are you bringing "W" into this topic? How many people in the world have been liberated by the U.S. and our "bully pulpit?"

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:44 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

press.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:40 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Libs, are you happy with the direction the BO is taking this country? I don't want to hear about your dislike of bush, only are you happy with the BO and where he is taking us? Can you refrain from blasting #43 and how about any Jewish libs on this board, are you content with the BOs snubbing of Israel and not blasting iran during the demostrations?

Remember make no reference to the last administration.

Pan8

Although the word "liberal" isn't an accurate description of my political ideological view, I have a few things to say.

1) I'm generally happy with some of the new things that he is doing that really haven't seriously been tried before in this country's past. Such as serious health-care reform. I don't think Clinton was that serious when he proposed health-care, plus I don't think he had the political power to seriously reform our health-care system. Obama may actually pull this off given the overall power and presence of the democratic party at this point in time.

2) Snubbing Israel is what the U.S. needs to do in order to win or find any resemblance of resolution to the global war on terrorism. The majority of terrorist organizations hate the west because of its role in the Israel/Palestine conflict. The U.S. absolutely has to be more critical of Israel and what it does, and Obama hasn't just written a blank check and looked the other way like past presidents have.

3) Iran's election is irrelevant. The Ayatollah is the supreme leader in Iran and the president is of little consequence, he is simply a figure head to attempt to make their government seem legitimate to its people. The U.S. has no role in their internal affairs. We know they are an authoritarian government and frankly there is little we can do to influence that... but more importantly, why should we try to influence it? Where is the political interest? Insuring that Iran doesn't invade Iraq right after we leave? Well, interfering with their internal political conflicts really wouldn't help prevent that... in fact, it may even make Iran's threat to Iraq even greater.

Overall, he's doing about as much as I could expect from a democratic president... he's not going after big business, he isn't dramatically re-thinking american foreign policy, his promotion of the environmental agenda has been lack-luster at best...again I'm not a "liberal" or a "democrat" so I'm not surprised. I never hopped on the "hope" train to change-ville like so many other Americans did.

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm 
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

I too wouldn't classify myself as liberal. I would've been for voting for ron paul had he succeeded and alligned himself with a democrat to balance out some of his measures.

1. I'm not entirely happy with obama. there, I said it. I think he intended to do something revolutionary and that with rock the boat and get real reform where we need it most (shrinking banks, reforming health care, limiting "free" trade), but he has the wrong voices getting in his head. when I look at the policy's he has put forth, I have a hard time distinguishing between what hes doing and what the previous administration did. I think if he is going to succeed he needs to do more of his campaign promises. closing gitmo was a start in reshaping how the world views us (lets face it, it was done as a message, not to free the prisoners), and the fact that he stands by diplomacy that worked for years rather than bully tactics and world policing, those were strong, but we need more of what he said he was going to do and less pandering to 2 parties that lack and need definition.

2. I think israel can only help israel. they've been fighting longer than the point can be referenced to why they are fighting. we stuck our nose in it and failed many times and have most often made things worse. lets let them do what they have to do while monitoring nuclear activity and realize we have bigger fish to fry here. we have to stop telling the world what to do.

3. I think Iran, along with north korea are feed off creating fear without actually having the means or situation to act on any threats. I think pakistan is much scarier, but we should continue our diplomacy so that we can maintain the friendships with the nations that keep us safe, instead of going "we're america! vulgar language you! you can't stop us & we'll hurt you before you hurt us!" that will piss off the world....again.

I'd like to point out the ridiculous point you brought up about not bringing up the previous administration. its where things went wrong. its the lessons we need to learn. had they looked back at what caused the first great depression in the first place, they would have seen the train wreck coming. ignoring that what was happening and pretending like it doesn't prove the point further is ludicrous. history is meant to serve memory. memory makes you realize the difference between what we should and shouldn't do. memory is what tells you that when the stove is hot, don't very touch it thinking you won't get burned again.
Post Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:07 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

that was a great answer mutt...... Cool

P.Y.
Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It's all bushenglerwilliamson's fault.

What has Obama done to correct things? Hold staged media events & push congress to vote for bills without reading them.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

well considering it took a decade to vulgar language up the economy, I can assume it will at least take a year or 2 to start getting things back to normal. I don't know who keeps telling you guys this can get fixed overnight, but this mad rush (there's a clue, I bet) for quick money is how we ended up here in the first place. the banks are too big. the government is too big. the industrial sector on the other has is too small. my view is we mandate american company's to return their work here that they've put out of country, close the borders, business wise, cuz them there mexicans ain't hurtin us, unionize most of the company's based on varying degrees of criteria (size, farir health care plans, safety, their rate of termination), and watch as america reminds the rest of the world that in order to keep the "global economy" afloat, they need our fat ass' to be able to buy products from them AND ourselves.

I'd also like to add to my previous answer in saying that I'm not happy with the circumstances hes giving GM to recover. if there was one thing they did great (and if you've ever owned an american car post-80s, you know it isn't) it's building trucks. can you imagine how people in construction or in freighting will get around without trucks? the japanese haven't built a fuel efficient truck. they build trucks like the Tundra (which the cylinders melt in them, but to avoid recall, when this happens they send you a new engine without the problem even repaired. sounds green to me) and people think "well toyota built the prius so this must be fuel efficient. until there is a definitive source of alternative fuel, there will be no fuel efficient trucks, which means there will be no trucks. forcing the hand so harshly is only going to hurt us & I hope obama realizes that before this problem is made worse. until then, all we can do is ride it out and watch.
Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:29 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

yer killin them mutt.....yer killin them!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:09 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Get back to me when your utility bill jumps $200.00 per month & you have to wait 6 months for a doctor's appointment or blood work.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
mutt of flint
F L I N T O I D

you know, it is possible to take other peoples ideas from other country's and tweak them to take care of certain issues. the idea of having both government and commercial insurance sounds brilliant to me. as someone who hasn't had insurance in 5 years, I think it would be nice not to have my rear impaled when I'm hurt.
Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: