FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: I would like honest input - - -
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Ok libs here you go and please give honest input. I suspect that in 2012 hillary will face off with obama, I feel she has higher ambitions than a mouth piece for a failed administration. That said, who do you libs support in 2012?

Be honest and let the board know why you prefer one over the other.

This is a serious question and please I did not mention Bush, he is not in this picture.

Pan8
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:39 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Ok libs here you go and please give honest input. I suspect that in 2012 hillary will face off with obama, I feel she has higher ambitions than a mouth piece for a failed administration. That said, who do you libs support in 2012?

Be honest and let the board know why you prefer one over the other.

This is a serious question and please I did not mention Bush, he is not in this picture.

Pan8

I love how you call it a failed administration yet there are another three years to go... it's amazing how much more you people complain within the first 7 months than the left did during the entire 8 years...

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
complain within the first 7 months than the left did during the entire 8 years...

I think someone needs some memory pills. Their were folks threatening to "leave the country if Bush gets elected" or their parents would starve if Bush becomes prez. We have every right to complain about your POTUS and especially now with what he has been proposing lately. Taking 60% of someones earned wage to redistribute. He should be impeached. Dont like it tough S--T.

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:40 pm 
crunchybananas
F L I N T O I D

It would be highly irregular for someone, especially within the same administration and political party, to challenge an incumbant president during an election cycle.
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:42 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I guess you are not familiar with the Clintons.

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:45 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

definition= earned wage Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

What some gets as compensation for a service they provide which is paid by a company and approved by stockholders and is no one elses business especially some money grubbing lib like our current POTUS and his Dem colleagues.

Now how about you give your defintion of "redistrbuting income".

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 pm 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
complain within the first 7 months than the left did during the entire 8 years...

I think someone needs some memory pills. Their were folks threatening to "leave the country if Bush gets elected" or their parents would starve if Bush becomes prez. We have every right to complain about your POTUS and especially now with what he has been proposing lately. Taking 60% of someones earned wage to redistribute. He should be impeached. Dont like it tough S--T.

Obama won 365 versus McCain's 173

Compare it to 2004:

Kerry 257 v. Bush 281

Obama had a pretty large mandate.

By the way, how much do you make? Because if it's under 50k, I'll find it humorous.

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 pm 
crunchybananas
F L I N T O I D

The electoral college is not how mandates are measured, the popular vote is.

President Obama captured 66,882,230 votes, or 53% of the popular vote, compared to John McCains 58,343,671 votes, or 46% of the popular vote.

In 2004, then President Bush recieved 62,040,606 votes, 51% of the vote, while John Kerry took 59,028,109 votes, or 48% of the popular vote.

President Obama has no more of a "mandate" then President Bush did after 2004. There really hasn't been a true mandate since Reagan nearly made a clean sweep in 1984.
Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

well.....legal terms please (the only terms that count)

are we talking net income or not?? Shocked

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 am 
Dan Moilanen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
crunchybananas schreef:
The electoral college is not how mandates are measured, the popular vote is.

President Obama captured 66,882,230 votes, or 53% of the popular vote, compared to John McCains 58,343,671 votes, or 46% of the popular vote.

In 2004, then President Bush recieved 62,040,606 votes, 51% of the vote, while John Kerry took 59,028,109 votes, or 48% of the popular vote.

President Obama has no more of a "mandate" then President Bush did after 2004. There really hasn't been a true mandate since Reagan nearly made a clean sweep in 1984.

http://www.jstor.org/pss/2150822

Read the whole piece, it's actually quite thought provoking... too bad without a JSTOR membership you can't read the whole article... might be able to find a synoposis online

Better yet read the "politics presidents make" by Steven Skowronek... interesting stuff regarding presidential regime theory.

"I am not a Marxist."
-Karl Marx
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey dont forget Bush stole the elections. Rolling Eyes Well according to the lib talking heads.

Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

never did answer the question.....as usual. deflection... Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We are talking about someone elses income being made the business and property of those who did not earn it. Redistribute ya right. Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:15 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

no. qualify your outlandish comments.
gross income? of a corporation or individual.

OR

net income? of a corporation or individual.

you are telling me you are upset because a person or corporation may
pay a few more percent tax if they net over a QUARTER MILLION DOLLARS? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:31 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: